Page 121 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Have a pretty solid cat working the area.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Some vulnerable bucks making daytime appearances.
    Nowhere close to what we are looking for though.
    Cool shot with the snow blowing down.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Note the buck in the background.
    Bucks are becoming more active.
    Days away now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Have a pretty solid cat working the area.

For all those that think you simply hang a cam and you capture images of everything that comes by...
    WRONG.
    I have three cams on this spot within 50 ft of each other but only one cam recorded the cat.
    Hmmmmm.

Do you pack a cat tag, or ever try to hunt them? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    Do you pack a cat tag, or ever try to hunt them? Just curious
    No, I don't even pack a gun let alone a cat tag.
    I don't carry a gun until I find a special animal to hunt.

FYI, with all the time I spend in the hills I have only seen cats on two occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    No, I don't even pack a gun let alone a cat tag.
    I don't carry a gun until I find a special animal to hunt.

FYI, with all the time I spend in the hills I have only seen cats on two occasions.
    So just curious...when checking cams and what not during hunting season you don't carry a rifle...I take it that you don't think there's a chance you could bump "the big one" on your walks...in your experience moving slow through the bush you don't get a lot of chances at what you consider a decent wt buck...really appreciate your contributions I live in this area as well just south have seen some great animals come out of the area...really enjoy your pics n videos..

Great vids as always Ourea....

Quote Originally Posted by .308SLAYER View Post
    So just curious...when checking cams and what not during hunting season you don't carry a rifle...I take it that you don't think there's a chance you could bump "the big one" on your walks...in your experience moving slow through the bush you don't get a lot of chances at what you consider a decent wt buck...really appreciate your contributions I live in this area as well just south have seen some great animals come out of the area...really enjoy your pics n videos..
    Thanks for your comment.

I have been hiking in 8 months a yr and I can count the number of WT I have seen on one hand in the several yrs I have been doing this. Low WT density coupled with the jungles of pecker pole (poor habitat yet they find a way to survive and be overlooked) I prefer these areas over the obvious.

I avoid areas that have mature timber and sight lines that most hunters look for. Deer are easy to find in these areas.
    WT densities are higher and so is the pressure. Giant WT simply go nocturnal in these scenarios.....the odd one will get knocked off during the peak of the rut as a result of pressure. Harvest rates are much higher overall, I chose to avoid areas like that.

If you are south of me your Wt numbers and opportunities are way higher as a result.

Appreciate I have to cut a lane to see more than 20 yards where I chose to play.
    Cheers

Did a cam run yesterday.
    Found my first fresh scrape of the season.....finally.