Page 171 of 197 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Thank you for the update and post HighCountry! This is my favorite thread on HBC.

I love how you can hear how vocal that one buck is. Very interesting!

Going to give it one last kick at the can tomorrow and Saturday!
    That's why I made the switch to video mode exclusively on all of my cameras a few years ago. The amount of data gathered over just pictures is ten-fold.

Good luck on your next days out.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Mid-November rolled around and the pecking order was starting to get sorted out. We had some great conditions with loads of snow and cold temps. Daytime activity was really picking up and I got out for a few sits and brought a new to the whitetail game hunter in to one of my sites. The bully buck showed up during a solo sit. He walked in shortly after first light and hung around for an hour, doing his best to tempt me. Just too early in the season as I've consistently had mature bucks roll in around November 20th when things really pick up - bucks I haven't had on camera all season.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Hey High Country, What size SD cards do you run in your cams. I was always concerned that the movie clips would fill up a card quickly. Has this been an issue for you at all?

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Hey High Country, What size SD cards do you run in your cams. I was always concerned that the movie clips would fill up a card quickly. Has this been an issue for you at all?
    depends how often you can go back and check. If your cams are in a spot where you can check every week it's probably going to be fine.
    If you plan to leave the cams out for a couple months, best to set to photo mode.

Usually 32's but 16's will work. A 20 second video on my Browning cams takes up roughly 5x as much room as a 20 second video on my Bushnell cams for about the same visual quality. I budget 750-800 20 second videos on a 16gb card on my Bushnell cameras.

I switched all my Brownings to 64 as I usually get between 400-600 10 sec videos at 3 minute breaks in 2-3 days. In one setting this year, I had a card full, 1100 videos, in 60 hours. Crazy amount of action.

My Bushnell's have 32 and that gets me approx. 3.5 hours of 10 sec video. My StealthCams take great video, but only allow up to 32 and that allows only 280 videos.

My picture takers all have 16 and I rarely get a card full unless left all winter.

I am slowly switching to Brownings as they take good video and allow up to 512 card. Which works real well when I leave the cam out all winter.

And run lithiums on all the cams during the winter, they are worth the expense.

I will get some updates going on here as well. Lots of interesting bucks this year!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    I switched all my Brownings to 64 as I usually get between 400-600 10 sec videos at 3 minute breaks in 2-3 days. In one setting this year, I had a card full, 1100 videos, in 60 hours. Crazy amount of action.

My Bushnell's have 32 and that gets me approx. 3.5 hours of 10 sec video. My StealthCams take great video, but only allow up to 32 and that allows only 280 videos.

My picture takers all have 16 and I rarely get a card full unless left all winter.

I am slowly switching to Brownings as they take good video and allow up to 512 card. Which works real well when I leave the cam out all winter.

And run lithiums on all the cams during the winter, they are worth the expense.

I will get some updates going on here as well. Lots of interesting bucks this year!

Cheers

SS
    Awesome info SS! My camera settings depend on the type of set up but for whitetails I'm typically running 20 second videos on 5 minute delay. I'd like to run a quicker delay but it's a balance between longer videos. I agree with you on the lithiums, absolutely worth the investment. Canadian Tire usually has 12 on for $17.99 or you can get them even cheaper at Costco and online.

I know we are all looking forward to your updates! Thanks for helping keep this thread alive.

Great vids HighCountry, thanks for posting....

Wish I had more T cam pics to share but I don't unfortunately run very many cams and haven't had much time to use them this year, but I do have this to share from today:

[IMG][/IMG]

See the buck in the photo?

Sorry for the poor image quality...while still-hunting I passed on this basket 4x4 today, in the hopes, partially inspired by this thread, that I can shoot a bigger one...lol only a couple days of rifle season left for me, then bow anything goes...he came within 25 yards of me today, and there are fresh scapes everywhere...the bucks were not coming into rattling today however, maybe due to a lower buck:doe ratio in the area??