Page 127 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

We gutted the deer where he lay in front of the cams.
    The gut pile would be cleaned up pretty quick I would assume, as usual.

I will pull the cams in the next day or so......hopefully have some decent pics and videos of the cleanup crew.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

interesting...I always drag my bucks out whole, and gut them in an area conducive to long range coyote snipin

you don't think the attracted cleanup crew, most likely with predators, would push the deer away for a few days? or because it's late season you're just done hunting for the year?

I did that once, and then while sitting the following days the noise of the birds was just too annoying, but I got to see a wolf chase a coyote, pretty cool but I was too slow for a shot...I did notice the deer activity quieted down, at least in that situation...another year they were hitting the grain within minutes of me dragging my buck away
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    interesting...I always drag my bucks out whole, and gut them in an area conducive to long range coyote snipin

you don't think the attracted cleanup crew, most likely with predators, would push the deer away for a few days? or because it's late season you're just done hunting for the year?

I did that once, and then while sitting the following days the noise of the birds was just too annoying, but I got to see a wolf chase a coyote, pretty cool but I was too slow for a shot...I did notice the deer activity quieted down, at least in that situation...another year they were hitting the grain within minutes of me dragging my buck away
    I did this 2 years ago.
    There were WT standing right beside the gut pile showing little concern just hrs after the kill.
    I posted those pics on this thread.

If the coyotes or a wolf don't clean it up that night the ravens will make short work of it come morning.
    Either way it will be documented.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Lots of different techniques in the hunting world. I just stated it's not my cup of tea not that it's wrong. As for Noggin, never said anyone was "uneducated" so I really have no comment on that topic.

Some exceptional whitetails still out there put in your time it will come. This thread is by far top of the list on HBC it's nice some people still share like they do.

Arrow Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by blaker_99 View Post
    ... As for Noggin, never said anyone was "uneducated" so I really have no comment on that topic.
    No worries or issues! I mis-read what you were saying is all, far to easy to do online!
    Apologies if I came across rather gruffly...

This thread is by far top of the list on HBC it's nice some people still share like they do.
    Absolutely Agree!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Ourea,
    Thanks so much for posting all this great information. I have been hunting a long time, and I am still learning. I find your posts very informative and really look forward to your posts. I appreciate the effort it takes to share this information, and I realize you don't have to.
    Thanks again, I am very grateful for all the information I can get.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

After four years of learning' from this thread, what I learneded is Ourea still hasn't gotten a BIG buck on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Nog, he's a legit hardcore big buck WT killer.
    You'd be right. As dedicated and passionate about hunting as I have seen. There is only one season for him....hunting season. I remember sitting around a campfire one night discussing this very topic and we both agreed on the baiting issue. Not for us. This thread has shed light on the topic and changed my perceptions. Its not what I initially thought and checking cameras is incredibly fun with a young family. I have been setting up cameras for better than three years now, refining the sites and simply enjoying the outdoors with my boys. I have yet to kill a buck I have had on camera but fully intend on continuing the practice.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

After tending to the buck he was loaded up and the gutpile was left in front of the cam.
    5:45 pm we departed the scene of the crime.

At 7:11 deer started coming in.