Page 161 of 197 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz.325 View Post
    That buck, in the video, is most definitely not your grampa buck. Bucks will regress but the bases and mass won’t drop in size that much. Almost always mass will increase with age and usually pt number and length will decrease but mass seldom.
    I’ve seen thousands of pictures and videos of him over the last 8 years. It’s definitely him. Zero doubt about it in my mind.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Just bought a WT tag
    good luck!

I Spent over 20 hunting days this year so far chasing white tails trying to find a wall worthy buck...
    gave up and ended up taking a little 3x3 basket rack at the end of Oct to fill the freezer before focusing on the MD rut in November.

going to give mulies on more try next weekend then the remainder of my season is trying to rattle in a bigger buck for my buddy to harvest.

hunting whitetail is addictive because it’s so much more difficult! I know a couple pockets that contain good numbers of white tail does on the regular and I’ve still personally came across more 4pt mule deer this year than white tail bucks of *any* size. They are much smarter !

I can’t still hunt though so white tail will continue to be my kryptonite I’m sure.

RyoTHC when it comes to big WT I don’t even start getting excited till after the first week of November. Today was the first day of the season I started getting that feeling of good rut action from quality deer. You want to target big WT everything before November is just preparing for those magical last 3 weeks of November when phantom’s make mistakes

Save your tag next time

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Every year he disappears from about Nov 6-8th and doesn’t show back up until the first week of December. While the rut can be a time when other mature bucks can slip up, I believe Grandpa heads into some nasty spot to chase the ladies. If he was only about food and survival, he would keep coming in at night throughout November.
    He was coming in a couple times each night until Nov 7th. He’s now back in his breeding sanctuary. At least that’s my theory on him.

SSS
    Very cool.........

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    good luck!

I Spent over 20 hunting days this year so far chasing white tails trying to find a wall worthy buck...
    gave up and ended up taking a little 3x3 basket rack at the end of Oct to fill the freezer before focusing on the MD rut in November.

going to give mulies on more try next weekend then the remainder of my season is trying to rattle in a bigger buck for my buddy to harvest.

hunting whitetail is addictive because it’s so much more difficult! I know a couple pockets that contain good numbers of white tail does on the regular and I’ve still personally came across more 4pt mule deer this year than white tail bucks of *any* size. They are much smarter !

I can’t still hunt though so white tail will continue to be my kryptonite I’m sure.
    Good luck on the rest of your season...if your in reg 3 you should be able to take one more WT buck or did you already shoot 2 WT in your region? I find if your targeting a mature buck, MD are harder, as they will wander more whereas WT occupy more of a core area, at least that's my experience....you are fortunate to have 20 days to hunt WT so count your blessings!

that is disappointing to see that level of regression on Grandpa's antlers. I'd definitely frame the best pic of him and hang it on a wall along with his sheds. Cool story about that one!

The purpose of this thread was to help guys get into whitetail hunting and show they are a readily available hunting opportunity. They are closer than you think and A LOT smarter than you think. They are hyper sensitive to anything that threatens them yet will hunker down and adapt to it thus the most prolific deer in North America for good reason.

The effort to put this thread together with endless videos, pics, real time field information to give hunters a good heads up on what’s going, has been considerable.

The sad part is I get cams tampered with, personal items stolen from within my commercially purchased blinds. I have a couple contacts that get guys using their pop up blinds and tree stands.

To those that this thread has helped, hope you find success based on information.

To those that pirate information, use or steal others property in the bush. Sit in someone’s tree stand, stare down a shooting lane that someone else cut, doing it out of a blind and chair you don’t own......well, you disgust me and the hunting community.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Sorry to hear your experiencing idiots tampering with your set up and stealing

I have not had problems in years but sadly I also pass up good locations because the risk of people finding my set ups. I put a stupid amount of effort to find areas that avoid other hunters because of the lack of respect

Had a guy set up a blind within eyesight of my t stand. Maybe he hunted the area before I put the stand there. But the stand has been there for 4 years. Blind just went up this year. I like to think of these people as Parasites, some just have to use the energy of other people to survive. Glad I pulled a bear to that site...
    I'm sure the wolves are not in the area to howl Kumbaya at the moon and eat granola. "Ourea"

Shitrats abound.
    Sorry to hear, Ourea.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....