Page 129 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Ourea, whats your thoughts are bucks still chasing does right now or did the rut seem to end early this year?

Quote Originally Posted by backcountry99 View Post
    Ourea, whats your thoughts are bucks still chasing does right now or did the rut seem to end early this year?
    I only puled the one cam yesterday.
    This spot has a small family unit of does showing with two bucks around.
    They are not showing much interest now (in this spot)....unlike last week.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    As a new hunter who enjoys visiting this thread and viewing Ourea's posts and videos, I find it incredibly irritating that people are trying to derail it by turning it into a baiting debate or voicing their opinions on the topic. That's not what this was intended for. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if you feel so strongly about the topic, why not start a thread of your own? Surely it would gain more attention and traction that way?

Thanks for the recent videos Ourea. I find that insanely interesting. I've often debated with friends and family on the impact of leaving a gut pile in an area you intend to hunt again. Very cool to see it on video!
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I agree...
    I agree!....
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Ourea keep the videos coming, and this goes without saying, keep the comments coming. This is making for some great entertainment. Oh, and I'll pay in wine for your spots.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright - This is so true.

Back on track.

Checked one cam today that I haven't checked for a couple weeks.

Guess who survived another rifle season?
    Yep. Grandpa was back on Dec 1st. I swear he gets a copy of the regulations.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

guest Guest

Notice of observation, being new to this style of pursuing WTail, about two weeks ago we had unseasonably warm conditions, +14 bottom of the valley one day. Any way the temps at the 4000-5000 foot ranged ranged from 0- +6 degrees through the week with rain, cameras mounted in 6 different sights ......deer Activity remained rather constant, including night time surveillance...... Not much moving. A few bucks, nothing to really note of except one dandy that showed on two cam's. Then, once it dropped to -3 to -6 at same elevation, boom overnight, lots of activity including some nice new to us decent bucks seen on cam's . The following morning, deer hit the dirt, two actually, that evening another good buck found the hanging pole.
    Interesting finds, so six positions used, 4 hunters, 7 days, daylight to dark, a number of small Bucks passed up over this time, other than 1 big dominant Buck spotted but no shot offered the day of activity burst ..... Until obviously the a Rut kicked into high gear with temperature drop.
    Proving that likely the drop in temps that got them going, it was on.
    Informative for us newbies to the program to witness proof again....... Last year was our first year of cam's. Now I see what so many are enjoying, trying figure out and to locate these Special to us bucks. And to try to put the puzzle together is mind blowing. That said, we likely will never figure out on a consistent basis, what it takes to harvest the biggies. That alone can keep me going, ya never know. Lots of fun!
    Thanks for those willing to share their finds.
    Last edited by guest; 12-07-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Back on track.

Checked one cam today that I haven't checked for a couple weeks.

Guess who survived another rifle season?
    Yep. Grandpa was back on Dec 1st. I swear he gets a copy of the regulations.

SSS
    SSS

That is why you nick named him Grampa....he heads south during the "warm" season and comes back after it cools down. You have to wonder where they go.......and yet show back to the same areas. That is why they are survivors!!!

Thanks for letting us know about the old guy!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Well now there is some time in my life i would like to get back. Lets say we get this awesome thread back on track now. Any more crap and well you know the drill......
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

Thumbs up Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by NaStY View Post
    ... Lets say we get this awesome thread back on track now.
    Many THANKS Sir!!

Cheers!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me