Page 158 of 197 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

I am well behind my usual start for WT scouting and being in the bush in general.
    Having said that I got a little air in my tires when 358mag swung by today and gave me reprieve from some extensive yard and home renos Ive got going on. We talked hunting, as always. I was F****d as my thoughts instantly drifted and realized I need to get the F**** in the game.

Wife has endless requests of my time yet "understands" that I need my mountain time.
    Had company tonight......but plugged in battery chargers and was topping up to load cams with a full charge to get them hung asap!

I know there are many just like me....... we have endless distractions and are pulled in multiple directions.
    Yet our minds are constantly thinking about the mountains, the next cam run, the next new area to scout, the next target buck found.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Next batch of cams are getting readied.
    Will not hang a single one of these until they are put thru their paces.
    I trust no trail cam until I have tested them in day and night conditions.
    I do this every year, cut the shit cams, replace, update.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

When are we going to get a Region 2 whitetail season? Had another couple whities bolt off on me flagging a few weeks ago here in the Fraser Valley. Got WT does pumping out twins year after year on my cams and now I'm running into them just checking other cams several km's away
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-27-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Hey Dave are those your wife's dumbbells in the picture
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Hey Dave are those your wife's dumbbells in the picture
    Yes, they are far too heavy for me

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    When are we going to get a Region 2 whitetail season? Had another couple whities bolt off on me flagging a few weeks ago here in the Fraser Valley. Got WT does pumping out twins year after year on my cams and now I'm running into them just checking other cams several km's away
    Call your regional manager, see what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    for real? I havent seen any WT this side of Merrit.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Quote Originally Posted by hoochie View Post
    I harvested a nice buck quite a bit south west of Merritt.. I'd be surprised if there is anywhere there aren't WT in BC at this point, besides maybe the islands.

Quote Originally Posted by hoochie View Post
    Yep, 100%. They started hitting our cams in 2015. First it was just one doe, one cam. The next 2-3 years she pumped out twins and we started seeing them on multiple cams. Now I see them just walking around. Actually, this year I haven't seen any blacktails while on foot (seen a few while driving) but saw two white tails while on foot. I know sometimes it's tough to believe things unless you have seen them. I'll dig up a few pics / vids so you can see them too.

Here's a Fraser Valley Whitetail:

This video shows a 5X5 blacktail buck on the same cam as the Fraser Valley WT doe:

Last edited by caddisguy; 04-27-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Some nice video of a Fraser Valley WT doe and twins starting at 1:14 on this video as well.

If it was just once or twice I'd call it a lucky sighting and a rare one at that, but the amount I'm seeing them now I'd say they are pretty common. Not sure if the biologists are onto this or not, but it's probably worth looking into, maybe even beneficial to open up a season (I really have no idea, I am just a little disgruntled they're competing with my BT's LOL) Anyway, if they ask me I am pretty confident I can walk them up to a WT in short order. Still have to check my hand held camera to see if I got any decent footage from the last encounter.

No season now though, so hunters need to be careful what bucks they are shooting at. I know a lot of guys who assume "anything with wood in the Fraser Valley is good to go". Definitely gotta make a positive ID of species.

Anyway sorry for the derail. I don't have any "Big" whities to contribute.... YET
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-27-2019 at 02:12 PM.