Page 155 of 197 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Did someone say JUNK???

My Alberta Buddy with his best Non-Typ to date.

Merry Christmas One & ALL!

Cheers,
    Nog
    Lol wow farmed buck? Were they giving the deer salts and minerals for antler growth? Seems un-natural it's such a hog!

Great day on the hill

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Hey all

Been away for a few months rebuilding my life.

Didn't run and cams this year until mid november.

Grampa returned for his 7th year on cam (after the rut was over) and looks as healthy as he ever has. He gained some mass and a couple extra points. He's been regressing for years but this year must have been kind to him.
    Best guesses put him at 11 years old.

He was still packing one side until early January. Haven't sifted thru all the pics.

It will be a sad year for me when he doesn't show his face

https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Great post SSS!

I so respect these type of bucks that are living like ghosts for over decade.
    I would have ten times the satisfaction taking a buck like that than a 170 typ that just showed up.

Hoping to yank my remaining few cams out this week.
    Hoping that the bone is all but off by now and I might get lucky finding a fresh brown one.

Thanks for a great post of a buck with long standing history!

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

^^^^hell of a buck there SSS....they're almost unkillable when they get to that 'wise' age....have you ever had a daylight pic of him? I'm guessing not, as they get quite nocturnal at that wise stage...

Great to see you back SSS! Quality post.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^^hell of a buck there SSS....they're almost unkillable when they get to that 'wise' age....have you ever had a daylight pic of him? I'm guessing not, as they get quite nocturnal at that wise stage...
    To be honest Harry, I have found that the older bucks get, the more consistent and even somewhat predictable they become. The window where he will show himself during killable hours however, will likely be very small. Have a couple bucks that I have watched for multiple years now. If they make it through to next season again I can pretty much narrow down the window where they will make their appearance. Nothing is guaranteed but just some observations from years of cam intel.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Thanks all. Been trying to trim all the drama from my life so we'll see how long I last. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Then only daylight pics of him were from two years ago but only after he dropped both antlers. The first day after dropping he was there 3 different times in daylight hours. That was Dec 23rd. Go figure.

The only hope I have of killing him is after the rut and after a fresh snowfall so I can track him back to his
    daylight hang out. Throw up a bunch of cams and figure out his movements.

But i I need time to do this. I did have a the week of Nov 19-23 off this year to hunt whitetails but he disappears until the rut is over.....plus I tagged a 7x5 on Nov 18th. He was just a young buck but it a great experience to have my gf with me there as it was the first animal that she was in on.

SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 01-15-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Thanks for the Grampa update Steve! Any chance with all your spare time you can put a chronological photo Montage up here to see grampa's ascent and descent? Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Great to see you back SSS! Quality post.

To be honest Harry, I have found that the older bucks get, the more consistent and even somewhat predictable they become. The window where he will show himself during killable hours however, will likely be very small. Have a couple bucks that I have watched for multiple years now. If they make it through to next season again I can pretty much narrow down the window where they will make their appearance. Nothing is guaranteed but just some observations from years of cam intel.
    Very cool....predictable but like you say, almost completely nocturnal..

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Thanks all. Been trying to trim all the drama from my life so we'll see how long I last. Lol

Then only daylight pics of him were from two years ago but only after he dropped both antlers. The first day after dropping he was there 3 different times in daylight hours. That was Dec 23rd. Go figure.

The only hope I have of killing him is after the rut and after a fresh snowfall so I can track him back to his
    daylight hang out. Throw up a bunch of cams and figure out his movements.

But i I need time to do this. I did have a the week of Nov 19-23 off this year to hunt whitetails but he disappears until the rut is over.....plus I tagged a 7x5 on Nov 18th. He was just a young buck but it a great experience to have my gf with me there as it was the first animal that she was in on.

SSS
    Nice congrats on the 7x5, look forward to the pics..