Page 117 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

They have had enough of the NDP and moved to another province

Fun video here.
    Again, I enjoy seeing critters doing what they do and like sharing a different perspective in addition to big bucks.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    They have had enough of the NDP and moved to another province
    Ok, that is a well played comment.
    Tip of the hat

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    My guess is wolves.
    I don't like the guessing game.....I just want to know.

And Ratter, yes, growing wolf presence despite only minutes above wine country here in the okanagan.
    There is group of 4 that show up in this spot mid Nov.....maybe they are early this yr but have no sign or cam evidence to support. Once there is some snow on the ground I will "know".

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I don't like the guessing game.....I just want to know.

And Ratter, yes, growing wolf presence despite only minutes above wine country here in the okanagan.
    There is group of 4 that show up in this spot mid Nov.....maybe they are early this yr but have no sign or cam evidence to support. Once there is some snow on the ground I will "know".
    Up the hill tonight.
    Think I found why I had a bit of slow down.
    Appears to be a solid wolf working the area gauging by the depth of imprint on a fairly solid substrate.
    WT are rebooting, they will adjust.

Damn, you're in the OK aren't ya? I'm starting to think about muleys & I'm hopin' there not in there yet...
    The mountains are calling & I must go. ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by steepNdeep View Post
    Damn, you're in the OK aren't ya? I'm starting to think about muleys & I'm hopin' there not in there yet...
    Yes I am.
    They have arrived.....their presence is growing.
    Both sides of the valley.

My buddy was into a pack of at least 8 a couple weeks ago while elk hunting ...not far from where I shot a wolf a few years ago.
    He found himself right in the middle of 5 at very first light(still almost two dark to see clearly). 2 were on one side of him and one on the other. He looked up and saw one coming directly at him at 3/4 speed. He droppped his jacket (which was tucked under his arm) and raised his rifle. At the 'click' of the safety coming off the charging wolf veered off at 90degrees and hit the timber. The wolf was
    inside 20 yards when it turned. My buddy tried to get bead on him in the timber but couldn't get a shot off.

Another wolf went running by him and shortly after 3 more howled from a short ways off.

Later in he day every time he bugled, they would start bowling. Needless to say the elk hunting was slow.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Bummer boys. They are everywhere now. (Except for the coast, but there's nothin' worth huntin' here anyways. lol)

They are definitely good at what they do & change the game. A decade ago I quit hunting my favorite elk spot in the E. Koot's once they moved in. A big black wolf greeted me as I drove into camp & my partners had seen 2 already before I got there. Opening morning I let out a bugle at first light I was greeted by a howling pack & didn't hear a peep from the bulls all hunt. I went back a couple times, but it's never been the same since & I gave up. Trapper took 25 wolves out of that valley one year & he said there were still just as many left & more comin'...

Now that they are in the West Kootenay it might be time to go back to the East... Start trappin'. Good luck...
    Last edited by steepNdeep; 10-25-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    The mountains are calling & I must go. ~Muir