Page 116 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Not much to report on the big buck front.
    Clock is ticking though ......time is near.

Have this big enjoying my cams in the one area

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Good call out buckmeister.
    If you want cams safe and secure....lock box lagged to the tree.

I have numerous boxes but in my WT spots I dont use them......too lazy as I run so many cams. Just want to get in, pull cards and move on.
    Boa cables are my first line of defense. Bears enjoy those as well.
    Bailing wire. Is absolutely the way to go. Makes the cam almost invisible to the human eye, less scent and animals can't move it when they rub it or bite into it.

Liking this!!

UPDATE: noon
    Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for the Central and North Okanagan.According to Environment Canada, Tuesday's storm has the potential for strong wind gusts and intense thunderstorms."An intense fall storm will continue to impact much of British Columbia this afternoon. The storm's low-pressure centre accompanied with a squall line near Kamloops will move across the Columbias and northern Kootenays this afternoon."As the low passes, very strong westerly wind gusts and heavy showers are expected. Strong gusty winds, frequent lightning and heavy showers, possibly mixed with flurries, can all be expected with the passage of the squall line."

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Liking this!!

UPDATE: noon
    Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for the Central and North Okanagan.According to Environment Canada, Tuesday's storm has the potential for strong wind gusts and intense thunderstorms."An intense fall storm will continue to impact much of British Columbia this afternoon. The storm's low-pressure centre accompanied with a squall line near Kamloops will move across the Columbias and northern Kootenays this afternoon."As the low passes, very strong westerly wind gusts and heavy showers are expected. Strong gusty winds, frequent lightning and heavy showers, possibly mixed with flurries, can all be expected with the passage of the squall line."
    Too bad it's warm air.

we all might want to make sure we're packing a chainsaw around in the next couple days when in the bush.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Too bad it's warm air.

we all might want to make sure we're packing a chainsaw around in the next couple days when in the bush.
    Good point on the saw.....just watched my patio table fly off the deck. There will be a little timber down for sure!

With this intense wind WT will be in sensory overload.
    Once it calms down they will be more active than normal.
    My point being, good time to be out for your doe or younger buck.
    We know the hammer bucks, and their huntability, are almost a month away yet.

Yep, was going to head out for 5 days this morning...

Talked my self into leaving 3am tomorrow instead...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

We were amazed at the number of fawns we saw on our region 4 hunt last week.

It was tough to find a dry doe - so many had one or two kids following along!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

^^^a very good sign of a healthy population...

Pulled some cams tonight.
    Usually have endless action of does and some younger bucks with the odd hiccup day.

I was intreged to find that three cams in a general area all dried up 4 days ago.....not a single deer.
    That has never happened before, ever.

I have a couple monster bears patrolling the area in addition to foresters flagging the location. FAK.
    My initial thoughts were that the bears combined with the foot traffic in this thick timber simply disrupted deer behavior. Then I got to thinking..... the WT would have simply gone nocturnal ........why have they fallen off the radar?

Checked a cam that is on the other side of the drainage and same aprox elevation.
    It is a considerable hike, no forestry activity, next to no bears.....
    Same results!!!!

Another cam several kms away was busy as usual with doe activity, like the other cams should have been.

Interesting.

I am extremely curious as to what the driver is for the complete evaporation of WT in a 2 km chunk of real estate where this has never happened before.

My guess is wolves.
    Live to Hunt...