Page 167 of 197 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    i actually enjoy this thread and its content...

but for example i had a tight faded blind i made of native materials along a river..

I could go there like clockwork and shoot a limit of geese and ducks..
    next thing you know a long time freind who has family who lives on the river sees me shoot my limit in 20 mins..so he waits until low water and replaces my blind with a huge blind.and shoots it daily.

worse yet i move away so he shares the spot with more people lol..
    Geese and ducks.......

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    First buck to hit the legacy scrape in 2020. 5th year in a row I've had him on camera. I believe he's 8 now. Far from a shooter but a good one for someone to remove from the gene pool.

A beautiful buck, thanks for sharing. Clearly you (and a lot of successful whitetail hunters) and I have different perspectives on a "shooter"... I would be SO proud to harvest such an animal as that.

Cheers,
    BR
    forever noob

Quote Originally Posted by boilerroom View Post
    A beautiful buck, thanks for sharing. Clearly you (and a lot of successful whitetail hunters) and I have different perspectives on a "shooter"... I would be SO proud to harvest such an animal as that.

Cheers,
    BR
    I would be proud to harvest an old buck like that. There's not a lot of deer that get close to reaching double digits in the age department. Don't confuse my being selective with not being proud to harvest a buck like that. I am fortunate to have the luxury of time and the ability to get out when most people are at work.

This old boy wouldn't be the easiest to kill anyways. He makes very few daylight appearances while some of the other bigger bucks are much more regular.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Big tom that has been around a few years. He is fairly regular throughout November/December so plans are in the works to hopefully harvest him in a few weeks. Canyon country though which makes it tough chasing. Even with him around, deer activity remains high.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Thumbs up Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    This real time info IS INVALUABLE for every young hunter that hangs around HBC looking for BC Hunting information...

Bang On!

And rather nice to see you wandering by again Buddy! Overdue!

Cheers!
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Geese and ducks.......
    yes not trophy whitetail but in those days it was a spot i hit once a week after work with my kids..
    i appreciate the thread have never baited deer but have nothing against it. i have 9 great whitetail pockets around kamloops..nobody is baiting at this time to my knowledge i mostly still hunt them until i find does than wait until dark with very high success on beautiful animals. if someone started baiting one of these pockets i would continue to hunt it..
    and the power of the camera is amazing my wife put one up 100yds from my door and caught a 6x6 whitetail on it and a cougar the first day both in daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Big tom that has been around a few years. He is fairly regular throughout November/December so plans are in the works to hopefully harvest him in a few weeks. Canyon country though which makes it tough chasing. Even with him around, deer activity remains high.

Should let the cat get old like you do the deer.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Kill Molly instead. It's a better way to keep the population down.

Great to see this thread getting some coffee.

One of my all time favorite threads , a guy can learn a tonne about whitetail reading through the pages.
    Heading to wall tent camp for the next 10 days, have some camera's soaking there now, hoping to see some good candidates.
    Last edited by Nimrod; 11-05-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Pretty comfortable with the cats. He's plenty old to cut a tag on. Not much of a tree and free guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Kill Molly instead. It's a better way to keep the population down.

Great to see this thread getting some coffee.
    Whacked a female last year and will do so again in the future but I've got some history with this cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    One of my all time favorite threads , a guy can learn a tonne about whitetail reading through the pages.
    Heading to wall tent camp for the next 10 days, have some camera's soaking there now, hoping so see some good candidates.
    Look forward to your updates Chief. Hope a primer or two gets popped in your camp.