Page 166 of 197 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Another buck who returned from last year. Figure he's 4 y/o. Wide frame on him but I don't see him making the hit list unless he makes a major jump. The big dump of snow we got 10 days ago sure produced a flush of bucks.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    How how was gramps, around 10 you think?
    Best guess puts him at 12 yrs last year.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Best guess puts him at 12 yrs last year.
    Wow.....to think how many hunters and preds he has avoided...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Wow.....to think how many hunters and preds he has avoided...
    It’s funny Harry....I’m not sure if you remember but Grampa is the buck that was on the memory card that the guy I know who runs hounds stole from my trailcam and gave to you back in December 2012 and he was a mature buck back then.
    The guy tried telling me that you stole the card but the guy he was with admitted it to me.

I’ve learned that Whitetails are such amazing survivalists....and some guys are just dicks.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

^^^lol I do remember that whole ordeal....and I remember that purely nocturnal buck, that's cool that it's him, he looked great in his prime...and that was a heavily hunted area....

Quote Originally Posted by aggiehunter View Post
    Ourea...are you still driving that bright yellow Lada?
    No major upgrade to a Tesla
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

lol never stole a cam or card but if if i wAs still hunting my favorite spot and found a bait pile and canerea and saw a buck i wanted would shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    lol never stole a cam or card but if if i wAs still hunting my favorite spot and found a bait pile and canerea and saw a buck i wanted would shoot.
    Hunting your favorite spot, meaning you didn't know this hunter's spot was there after your decades of spending time in this hallowed ground you call as your prime area?
    One of the stupidest comments and idiotic statements on this thread and there has been more than a few.

Walks With Deer....I do not not know a single serious hunter that doesnt notice a new boot track, a tire tread even close to around a hunting spot they ninjay around in.
    Someone like like you strolls by and is miraculously surprised by seeing a 5 yr old sun faded blind and 300 lbs of grain packed in in "your" prime hunting spot, and you are suprised your spot is compromised.

Keep talking...

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

There is a very special knowledgeable and competent hunter, that wantss to roll with this thread..... that is shariring his HARD EARNED KNOWLEDGE and endless hours in the field to help others.
    He will hopefully post more of his findings and share.....provided idiots dont keep doing what they do.

This real time info IS INVALUABLE for every young hunter that hangs around HBC looking for BC Hunting information.

Unsupportive and stupid comments help this information thread?
    Fak no.

Think twice when you post something that is unsupportive on helping hunters.

Think of all the kids that look to threads on HBC that inspires them and they can learn from.

Do they read with any sense of appreciacition ?

They do until idiots make unsupportive comments.

GREAT JOB HIGHCOUNTRY

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

i actually enjoy this thread and its content...

but for example i had a tight faded blind i made of native materials along a river..

I could go there like clockwork and shoot a limit of geese and ducks..
    next thing you know a long time freind who has family who lives on the river sees me shoot my limit in 20 mins..so he waits until low water and replaces my blind with a huge blind.and shoots it daily.

worse yet i move away so he shares the spot with more people lol..