Page 146 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by waistdeep View Post
    Well done my friend..
    Thanks chief.
    So cool helping others find success in the outdoors.

On that note, you have done so much helping many within your community.
    Respect.

Cheers

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Congrats!!! Love following this thread and the success.

I had an absolute tank of a WT come in last night to my blind, in great light at 1630ish. A doe and fawn came trotting down the hill and I grabbed my bow to be ready. When he showed up, he was bigger than any buck I've seen in BC and his brows were likely 8-9" long. He followed the doe around while the fawn came in to my feeder at 30 yards. I had the buck at 50-75 for about 5 minutes while he decided what he should do and watched the doe. Smart old *******. Breifly he went through a lane at 40 yards and I likely could have grunted to stop him, but wanted to see if he would commit to my 30 yard lane. He hesitated about 10 yards back and the fawn caught some sort of smell or sensed that things weren't right and trotted off after a few minutes, taking him with me.

Amazing encounter and I can only hope that I have video from my trail cam of him. Carrying a bow during rifle season was my own choice and I'd have easily shot this buck with my rifle, but the experience and excitement of a large mature buck like this was well worth it. Easily a buck I'd shoot back in Alberta any day and very cool to see him (could have been the first time he's showed up as I don't have pics of him at all before). I'm dedicated to hunting this spot between the blind/treestand and hoping I can catch a glimpse again!

Sitting in the blind I get a text at 6:30 this morning.
    It is from none other than 20 yr NHL player and former assistant coach of the Blackhawks and dear old friend Kevin Dineen.
    With his recent termination from the Hawks he has a bit of free time to hunt.
    His hockey career keeps him away from his passion of hunting so he is taking advantage of a brief break in his career.

Kevin took a great buck last night in Ohio!!!
    Way to go buddy!!!

He is headed over to Switzerland to coach Canada in the Spengler Cup shortly.
    Glad he got a hunt in as it has been long overdo.

I passed on a small buck this morning.
    Hoping the evening sit pays off.
    That big 5 was around all night so he is still i the area.
    Fingers crossed.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Great job! Way to get a new guy his buck. He's well hooked now.
    Good luck out there. I hope you get the big one!
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

I just got another text from Kevin as I'm sitting here for last light.

His text says "Pig Down, pics to follow"!

Will post up once I get them.

Kevin's group took another wonderful buck.
    Here he is....

I sat in my blind well after dark reflecting on the last several sits.
    Bucks passed on.
    What could have been.

A buck killed by a new hunter that finally got his first notch on the bedpost. (so to speak)
    Absolutely thrilled for him.

Getting endless texts from contacts in the field throughout the province and a couple in the states the last few weeks.....cool.
    We share a bond ..... a passion that brings us together this time of year.

The rifle gets put away and the bow will come out but the relationships that share the outdoor passion will never be shelved.

Thumbs up to those that put in their time.

Tanner claiming his first deer.....so awesome.

well done Tanner and thanks for all the input you provided me this season Ourea. Looking forward to my future whitetail success.

Way to go Ourea helping the new hunter get his first deer....I hope you get your cranker..I haven't had a lot of time to get out for the last bit of the season but I hope to fill my last tag with the recurve...