Page 142 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

I will jump in on this awesome thread, have not been posting much.

Has been a weird year this year, some amazing bucks all summer and early fall, then the usual October disappearing act. Early November, we get 36 cm of snow and cold temps. The deer come out of the woods and start making their appearance....except the big boys. Tons of smaller buck, lots of recruitment for the up coming years. Never seen so many young 4x4 100-110 class bucks. They were everywhere!! My hunting partners took a few bucks, including a 195 lbs carcass weight 4x4 and a 177" 9x7. But still not a lot of good quality bucks.

Here is a couple that have shown up in the last week

https://youtu.be/ZY31uelBcsU

The big 4x4 with double brows has an old broken leg, yet he is the prime buck, he usually shows up with the does. The other buck with the triple brows on the left side seems to always be by himself.

Cheers

SS
    Last edited by Sitkaspruce; 11-25-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Well so much for posting that pic. Very nice deer One Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    I will jump in on this awesome thread, have not been posting much.

The big 4x4 with double brows has an old broken leg, yet he is the prime buck, he usually shows up with the does. The other buck with the triple brows on the left side seems to always be by himself.
    I see someone gave the broken leg buck a dirt nap, or should I say snow nap! Care to post up a debriefing on here, or start its own thread if preferred.... Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Great posts One Shot and thx for the kind words.
    Nice to know that the intel helps and/or motivates others.

Hope some will share a WT hunt or two on this thread.
    People LOVE to read about hunting experiences.
    I too love the inspiration and info that comes from this thread....so I'll share the story of my biggest buck to date...

Mid Oct of last year I was hunting 2 of my higher elevation spots, I only had mid-day until last light to hunt on this day, and I also wanted to bring home some firewood...my plan was I would check out the sign in both spots, then cut firewood, and then hunt the one with the most active sign for last light..so I hiked into my first spot, really took my time assessing the sign in the area (a big area), and said to myself I really gotta hustle and get some firewood and I won't have time to assess the 2nd spot so I'll just cut wood then hike back in here, as the sign is really good...so I hiked out, cut wood, then with about 2.5 hours of light left, started slowly making my way back in, glassing and checking wind as I went..so I'm slowly making my way to my stand in this area, I just step past a small pine tree, when all of a sudden I instinctively freeze, as I see this buck standing to my right and not moving, he looks alert, and I can tell he knows something is up..so I take a deep breath, and I know I'm going to have to shoot quick, as he is ready to bolt...I flick off my safety at the same time as I spot a narrow gap of his vitals between his leg and a pinetree before I even shoulder my rifle..I know I have to be accurate, but get my shot off quick before he bolts..so in one motion, I turn to my right, shoulder my rifle, take aim and make sure I have a full scope picture really quickly, see his vitals as he's about to bolt, and squeeze..boom...he bolts into the thicker timber...I let out a big exhale...count 3 minutes before I slowly make my way to where he was standing..I get there, and I don't see blood right away, so I wait a half hour before I start even moving from where I was...felt like an eternity..I finally start tracking, and I see squirts of blood, I'm stoked..I see more and more blood, but it is getting dark now and I'm tracking alone so I start using flagging tape...into the thick stuff where there's lots of logs and deadfall I can tell that he is really struggling to get over some of the logs, he's really dragging...I'm going in super slowly, listening, loaded safety on, ready to finish the job if need be..well about 50 yards into the thick timber, I find him laying there, already dead, I'm pumped..
    [IMG][/IMG]

I halved him and packed him out on my back, one half at a time (before I really learned the de-boning method well) about 1 km...so when I got him home I used a wheelbarrow to get him in my shop..

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is the euro...I self scored him at 133 and a half...I don't know how accurate that is, opinions??
    [IMG][/IMG]

[QUOTE=Sitkaspruce;2053487]

Never seen so many young 4x4 100-110 class bucks.

Ditto here in the Fort St. John region! Haven't seen even one 5 pointer this November...

Great share HT!

Hope a few more post up a hunt or two.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Went in for a sniff yesterday.

Sitting in the blind reviewing cards.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

This handsome youngster is hanging around regularly.
    If nothing better shows soon he may have his pass revoked.
    Somewhat frustrating that no 6 - 8 yr old bucks have snuck thru to date.
    Weather is about to get nasty so new inventory should show.......fingers crossed.