Page 177 of 197 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I started this thread after much evaluation and then committed to it.

I saw that HBC was lacking solid information that wasn't simply a look at me story or a hero thread.
    I have tried to plug in as much info into my threads that help hunters less informed and involved as me.
    Help others, grow the sport should be the goal of anyone.

I encourage anyone to take this thread over and help the hunting community.

I spent uncountable hrs, effort, and expense on this thread.
    I hope it has helped and inspired folks.

This is a hunting site and I hope some are reading between the lines right now.

Contribute, share knowledge, be a mentor.
    Make this a HUNTING SITE AGAIN, not a coffee club.
    Great points, O.

Been lacking on the updates in here but will get around to it shortly. Busy chasing elk around the WK for the past few weeks.

For those that are sitting on the fence, contemplating getting cameras out and sites set up - get on it! It was always elk and mule deer for me (still is) but whitetails are no longer an afterthought once the seasons for those species end. This has become some of my favourite hunting and it is never, ever too late to gain some intel and start filling out your inventory. My WT cameras soak 24/7/365 and while I only get a handful of videos of WT throughout the summer months and into early fall, once the first decent snowfall hits in late October, it's like the switch gets turned on and I get a massive flush of deer come through. This is when things get interesting for me and I start noting what bucks survived, who is on the hit list etc. Still a month or so away before I really start paying attention but will continue with updates in here during that time.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Here is a young one to keep an eye on over the next year or 2. Aside from little basket bucks and this guy, I don't have much for quantity or quality of deer yet. That will change in 30 days or so.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Here is a buck I'm really hoping returns this year. He made it through most of the 2020 bow season before disappearing from my cameras. It will be a long month waiting to see if he returns or not. He has phenomenal beam and tine length for a 3y/o deer.

Nice reboot.
    Hope folks fuel the passion.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

And anyone that puts their nose in the air about tactics and techniques on whitetail hunting and attacks members...well, politely go f**k yourself.

Simply support fellow hunters and our sport.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Lovely bucks, fellas. Let's hear some more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Here is a young one to keep an eye on over the next year or 2. Aside from little basket bucks and this guy, I don't have much for quantity or quality of deer yet. That will change in 30 days or so.

Gene pool of High Tower ?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

358, not this fella but I do have one youngster in particular who has near identical genetics to the buck you're talking about.

I am excited. Several young bucks with great genetics in this area but the tough part is most are killed before reaching their potential. That's hunting in a busy area though!