Page 86 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

The parade goes on

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Wicked vids, thanks for sharing, this thread is awesome...

Core WT areas have deer around.
    Again, interesting that every 3 yr old+ buck I was on are now absent this time of year....same as the last 2 yrs.

Despite most being on the bitch train about the WT doe season, that WT are being shot out, I can say that this years carry over and recruitment is extremely good. Cam evidence is an account of inventory and it's age and sex. I will rely on that over opinion 10 out of 10 times.
    Cams show at least half the does sporting twins.
    Kill one, they make 2

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

I am seeing no shortage of bears and sign this year.
    Came across this in my cam area.
    Was curious to see who was responsible as that is one serious black bear dump.

As I reviewed cards I do believe I have found the culprit for said massive dump
    Big bears take big sh*ts

He's a belly dragger for sure

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Cool footage.
    When I fall asleep on the mountain i usually wake up to sheep staring at me.
    is it carrying it's own hip waders Brent ...... Sorry couldn't resist. Lol

great learning tools Ourea ........ Fantastic pics and footage ....... Thanks for the Share

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    re the bear and camera lunch
    chance there was scent on the camera ? sweets? feed?
    Good point......
    Trail cams are molded from and housed in a plastic polymer.
    Plastics are made from oil based materials.....PP, PE, ABS etc
    Bears LOVE anything to do with oil, ...... gas, chainsaw oil, plastics.....

There isn't a guy out there, that has logged or cut trail, who doesn't know if you leave a container with oil/petroleum it will get chewed, eaten, swallowed etc. A trail camera made of plastics will suffer the same fate.

We used to hang our gas and oil at the end of the day, while cutting trail, high up a tree before hiking back to camp.
    Numerous times, upon our return the next morning, we found that somebody climbed the tree and ate that sh*t.....teeth marks on every container.

I have cameras in lock boxes that get worked over.
    I wear gloves, I am very scent conscious, makes little difference.

Have 4 or 5 cams in the garage that have been retired from being chewed to death.
    Again, good point Box

Sweet video

Ourea, I have many bears, both black and grizzly on my cams. They don't touch my cameras. I don't use the black web belt to fasten them. I use bailing wire and most animals now leave the camera alone. I started to think it was the webbing, not the smell on the cam. I thought it was my scent. I only use gloves now. I know the cam intrigues them, but since I moved to bailing wire I'm seeing a lot less disturbance. Not to mention the wire makes them more invisible to human eye.

I hear you saw the image I have of a black wolf with a fawn in it's mouth off one of my cams.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Ourea, I have many bears, both black and grizzly on my cams. They don't touch my cameras. I don't use the black web belt to fasten them. I use bailing wire and most animals now leave the camera alone. I started to think it was the webbing, not the smell on the cam. I thought it was my scent. I only use gloves now. I know the cam intrigues them, but since I moved to bailing wire I'm seeing a lot less disturbance. Not to mention the wire makes them more invisible to human eye.

I hear you saw the image I have of a black wolf with a fawn in it's mouth off one of my cams.
    Yes, yes I did.
    You should post that up.
    Pretty unique image you captured there.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post

i would like to see that pic if you don't mind posting.
    The World is run by those that show up.