Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first blind

My first blind

Well seeing how many on this site have helped me go from a weekend jump shooter to a full time waterfowl nut I shall pay it forward.

The idea of building a blind came from an outing last year were we had take'n our grandfather out and forgot that he was no spring chicken,( lets say I got a ear full) the rain and sitting in tall wet grass drove him nuts. So I set out to build something that wil keep us dry and conceld while still being able to move around inside. So I took some ideas from the Internet and added some of my own. And got this
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My first blind

Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

Now that the shell is built I can head out to the field place it and get it all set up, my plan is to set it in a row of blackberry bushes and use corn and tall grass to hide the front. I think I have left myself lots of time for the natural cover to grow back in before the season starts. I will keep posting pics and hopfully by the end of January I will have a whole mess of pics.

It's going to get a base layer camo tarp, then from their it will have blackberry bushes
    growing on top and corn stalks and mixed grass on the front with a berlap tarp for a front door

does your club allow permanent blinds ?looks good.

It's not so much permanent, the blind itself it just needs to be set up in advance of a hunt. It will also not be in the way of the farmers and there crops

Nice job!
    ---------
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Good job, pea netting over the base is great for weaving natural cover into
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.