Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wokkpash/Churhill Mine road

Re: Wokkpash/Churhill Mine road

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    Have made those crossings in low water of late season, this time of year could get downright scary. Buddy of mine watched guys dump quads and lose all kinds of gear, including a Swarovski spotter a few years ago. I imagine the racing eats a small fortune in sheep hunting gear each year.
    I'm sure that was me your buddy seen, i lost my Swarovski spotter down that river, it cost me around $10k between gear down the river or damage to my rifle and quad.

I ended up having to pull my partner out of the river who was trapped under his quad, I broke my hand and smashed a knuckle.

Sounds about right...small world.
    Twist and pull.

I drowned my quad crossing 2 years ago, did a 5 day hunt and came back to find the river had risen several feet making crossing back impossible. Met up with some other guys from Quesnel that were stranded for nearly a week. Took us another couple days and some real sketchy crossings to get back.

Not sure when you are heading up, but it sounds like it will be busy up there this year. I know of a few groups heading up

Just talked to a buddy that just left there moose hunting....water is high....and lots of people ....they left to go somewhere else .

Wow, we don't need that, this is supposed to fun , from the sounds of thing, we will go right to PLAN B, and maybe skip the Wokkpash all together, I'll let you know when we get back,, thanks again for all your help , ribber

Was pissing rain there early this morning when we drove past heading south.

anyone been down the road recently and tried crossing the Racing River?