Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wokkpash/Churhill Mine road

Wokkpash/Churhill Mine road

Hi Guys, there are probably numberous posts on this but it seems they are fairly old, so here goes anyway. Does anybody out there have any current info on the access to the Wokkpash Corridor/Churchill Mine road area? I don't want anybody's honey hole ,just clarification on the creek/ river crossings, also there seems some confusion on how far you can drive with a pick-up truck or quad. Thank in advance for your help, ribber

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wokkpash/Churhill Mine road

I talked to a CO in Toad River a couple weeks ago and they said that you could "possibly" get over the Macdonald but definitely not over the Racing... Maybe call the Fort Nelson conservation office.

probably lookin at 2ft deep on the Wookpash river, it gets crossed by numerous people every year including myself with no problem, drive to the Racing the using a small boast to cross, then hike from there. Some folks take pickup's and quads across but it sounds like it is to high right now. I took a cheap 6ft rubber boat, it's easy to row across.

I meant Wokkpash instead of Macdonald there. There were lots of thunderstorms in early August and they brought the water level up quite a bit.

I would love to talk to the Fort Nelson CO, but he is not accepting messages and only a machine answers the phone, thanks for the replies, ribber

fort nelson tourism is someone to call
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Was in the area a week ago, quite a bit more water than when I was there 2 years ago, and I didnt think we could drive a truck across MacDonald 2 years ago. But its been hot and dry since then and things change fast there. How's that for a definite maybe?
    JP

I looked at crossing it and I said no way but there had been alot of rain early august.

Mcdondald will go up and down with rainfall, 1 foot deep when you cross, then 4 feet after some rain and you have to wait. Wokkapash to me is scary, when we crossed it was to the bottom of a horses belly and waved over the hood of my landcruiser. If you follow the trail on foot down the east side of the racing you can cross where it braids if the water is not too high. No point in crossing the racing as it's closed to vehicles on the other side.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

When you get to the wokkpash if you can see a big square piece of Timber sticking out of the water on the side you pull up to you can cross with a quad if you can't seethe timber don't attempt it I just about lost my rhino
    How many more sleeps till sheep season starts again