Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelowna + Area Elk Hunt Suggestions

Re: Kelowna + Area Elk Hunt Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfl View Post
    It is no easy task in Kelowna, mums the word there. Boat across to rattlesnake island and pound the hills. have to pound ground there
    There are no elk left there. To much hunting pressure. I've noticed a glut of hunters and a sharp decline in both numbers and quality of game up there. Plus its about the toughest hunt going if you don't know your way around or how to hunt it effectively. Think hot weather and limited drinking water. Have to worry about meat spoiling etc.

here's my take, if someone blabs about a spot "online" its probably going to be F(&(*((** in short order. I have found elk in the Okanagan and have had good opportunities on good bulls but I have put in a lot of time. the last few years its seemed to get progressively worse for decent bulls. needless to say there are way better places to go and that is why I wont be hunting elk locally this year.

ive saw a couple cows and a 6x7 while working near big white a few years back..i forget the road but it was on the left side of the highway on your way up not too far from the ski hill!

Quote Originally Posted by 6point View Post
    ive saw a couple cows and a 6x7 while working near big white a few years back..i forget the road but it was on the left side of the highway on your way up not too far from the ski hill!
    Yes seen that bull also and right around the corner there was a nice 220 class NT Mule deer and on the way back to Hwy 33 a very nice 5x5 Whity buck was walking down the road. So much game up in that country and next to no hunters .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Plenty of elk around, everyone I check all the cams, there's always more elk than deer and moose combined. It's finding the quality okanagan bull's that is the challenge.

Be on the lookout for the elitist hunter around Wildhorse Canyon as well. You know, the guy who has "lived in Kelowna for over 40 years" and has more right to hunt there than any of us.
    What you do for yourself dies with you. What you do for others lives long after you're gone.

T.R.

Quote Originally Posted by nickroth View Post
    Be on the lookout for the elitist hunter around Wildhorse Canyon as well. You know, the guy who has "lived in Kelowna for over 40 years" and has more right to hunt there than any of us.
    Not the vacuum cleaner man ?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Yes seen that bull also and right around the corner there was a nice 220 class NT Mule deer and on the way back to Hwy 33 a very nice 5x5 Whity buck was walking down the road. So much game up in that country and next to no hunters .
    lol! I was actualy serious..i was in there building a logging road for a few weeks about 5 years ago...saw a few critters in my short time there.

8-12 would be my pick of those three, if you want to venture further 8-15 has some very nice elk terrian

Quote Originally Posted by 6point View Post
    lol! I was actualy serious..i was in there building a logging road for a few weeks about 5 years ago...saw a few critters in my short time there.
    So was I !!!!!!