Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rabbit Hunting in the West Kootenays (HELP NEEDED PLEASE)

Re: Rabbit Hunting in the West Kootenays (HELP NEEDED PLEASE)

Interesting. I guess I have just been in a not so great spot. Only need seeing 1 rabbit every 2-3 times out and never really a good chance to shoot at them.

Where exactly were you. If I could take home the limit (10) then I'd consider it worth the 2-3 hour drive for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie1965 View Post
    Hares are where you find them. Put lots of miles on, drive really slow, pay attention to the type of country where you see them, the altitude, proximity to water, time of day, types of trees and bushes etc. Once you find an area where you see them regularly get out of the truck and have a look around. Last week I was in the Similkameen and saw lots, took enough for one meal for the family but passed up a dozen more shots at least, not counting the ones I couldn't have got a shot at. One road I'd regularly see 3 or 4 in the same mile long stretch nearly every morning I went through there.

Re: Rabbit Hunting in the West Kootenays (HELP NEEDED PLEASE)

I was staying in Tulameen and spent quite a bit of time driving FSRs mostly between there and the Coquihalla. Lots of hares, I saw a dozen one day and a friend of mine reportedly saw 50 plus on one drive.