Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit Hunting in the West Kootenays (HELP NEEDED PLEASE)

Re: Rabbit Hunting in the West Kootenays (HELP NEEDED PLEASE)

I always found better hunting from first light to an hour after sun up than evening/ dusk hunting. Not sure if you have any areas where train lines cut across the country where you live but if you do, it's one place you should try....I never failed to find rabbit when I hunted along a rail line back home. This is Canada though, not the UK so not sure if the habitat is comparable.
    "Dear God, if I die first, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I said I paid for them."

Where abouts do you mean? Heading north from Rossland on 3b towards 3? Also are those roads okay for a car or do you need a truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Last road on the right before you hit the number 3. Its within spitting distance of it. Seen a few in there within the first few k at the lower elevation last fall. Might be a ways to go on a wild rabbit chase.

Where's Nepture Cr?

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    try neptune cr

Quote Originally Posted by DPreece View Post
    Where abouts do you mean? Heading north from Rossland on 3b towards 3? Also are those roads okay for a car or do you need a truck?
    Head north towards Nancy Greene. I would think you should be able to travel the lower sections of that road with your car. I hope my memory is right on that note. For sure there were rabbits, that I do remember quite well. I also remember that it wasn't loaded with them, and seemed to be a little pocket of them.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Perfect thank you. Anywhere new to try is better than Cascade right now. I've had way too many dry runs there. I'll try to go check it out tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Head north towards Nancy Greene. I would think you should be able to travel the lower sections of that road with your car. I hope my memory is right on that note. For sure there were rabbits, that I do remember quite well. I also remember that it wasn't loaded with them, and seemed to be a little pocket of them.

I guess the only bad part is that it's a 35-40 min drive from home (Trail). But I need to get one before I go crazy. Haha

Good luck. I hope it pans out for you.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

if you dont see any game on a road ,dont go back there ,explore the country ,travel any rd you can go down you never know what you will find

I don't know your area at all, but if there are any farms, it might be worth asking permission to hunt them. I know around here you can find a lot of them in the brambles and around the ditches.

Try the Pend Oreille or Bear Creek.
    ~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~ Aristotle