Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signt right...

Signt right...

So I'm getting my bow sighted in and my arrows are shooting high and right. I easily adjusted the elevation, and moved the sight to the right a bit. Next group, good for elevation, still right. So, I moved the sight right again.

To make a long story short, I could still go right some more but I don't think I will have enough room on the sight adjustments. Should I move the rest? Any other ideas?

The sight picture is good, peep is in correct position and anchor point is corner of the mouth with consistent kisser contact.

BTW - in case it matters (or anyone gives a sh!t) I am a lefty.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Signt right...

Quote Originally Posted by Franko Manini
    So I'm getting my bow sighted in and my arrows are shooting high and right. I easily adjusted the elevation, and moved the sight to the right a bit. Next group, good for elevation, still right. So, I moved the sight right again.

To make a long story short, I could still go right some more but I don't think I will have enough room on the sight adjustments. Should I move the rest? Any other ideas?

The sight picture is good, peep is in correct position and anchor point is corner of the mouth with consistent kisser contact.

BTW - in case it matters (or anyone gives a sh!t) I am a lefty.

Thanks!
    There's your problem right there!

Are you sure that you are not torquing the bow? Are your shoulders "squared"? Are you fighting to keep the bow "on target" (thinking about stance here)........is your stance too closed - or too open? Are you "pulling' your bow hand away to see where your arrows are flying, before those arrows impact the target? Are you anticipating the shot and thereby jerking the release slightly? Is your bow hand gripping the bow in an identical manner each time?

Pretty simple and basic questions, I know, but where else to start without actually seeing you shoot?

Hope this helps.

Just a thought, but have you paper tuned the bow?

when you hold the bow in front of you as though you were going to shoot it, you should be able to line up the string with the center of your nocked arrow then look up to your pins...if the pins are not very close to or hidden by your string then you have a problem with your set-up. Could be rest position, could be arrow spine. What are the specifics of your bow and what are the specifics of your arrows.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

All good points guys... here is some more info:

Bow is Reflex Highlander, set to 55lb, draw is 27.5". Arrows are Easton Excel 400s.

Of course I am SURE it is not my form/release/fault since I am a perfect archer .

I have never paper tuned the bow.

assuming a 100 grain tip that bow/arrow combo should spine out just fine. I would think it has to be a centershot issue, or as stated above you are torquing the bow quite a bit.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Are you shooting with fingers or mechanical release? If you are using a mechanical release you need to position the center shot on your Reflex between 3/4" and 7/8" from the rises shelf to the center of the arrow. While you're making adjustments make sure your arrow is level to the rest. This is a starting point for paper tuning. Go to Eastons website and download to tuning guide. It is an awesome guide to help you with setting up and fine tuning your bow.

Tim

The one things that I noticed when I picked up a bow and started to shoot was the grip, or lack thereof.

When shooting a compound I found it best to use a sling, and not grip the bow.

If I gripped, I torqued,... always. Even when I don't I find it natural to 'grab' the bow after/during the shot, causing torque.

Franko I would try another session and focus on your form. This should help, working on your form and see were your arrow groups. What happens to new archers your muscles don't have the memory yet and you start chasing the target around with your sight tring to solve the problem. Focus on your form in turn your groups if your hitting paper and your arrows appear to fly true. Try this for a couple of short sessions. Hope it helps.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Nails
    Franko I would try another session and focus on your form. This should help, working on your form and see were your arrow groups. What happens to new archers your muscles don't have the memory yet and you start chasing the target around with your sight tring to solve the problem. Focus on your form in turn your groups if your hitting paper and your arrows appear to fly true. Try this for a couple of short sessions. Hope it helps.
    Sounds like a great idea.