Thread: Jennings Lakes fishing

Jennings Lakes fishing

Just wondering if anyone out there has been to Jennings Lakes in Northern BC in mid September- I am looking for some tips as to lures/flies to bring--I haven't been able to find any information on-line from various sites, Yes it is primarily a hunting trip, but being on a lake for 2 weeks, a little local lake fish would be tasty. I'm planning to bring fly rod and flies,( Leaches, sprattlies and some floating fies) but a casting rod with lures (flatfish, alligators,spoons etc) might be better. Anyone been there?? P.S. I'm NOT looking for hot spots-- just a little assistance on gear I should bring
    If hunting was that easy--They would call it Shopping!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Jennings Lakes fishing

Fished some lakes around there. Usually big lakers on big lures like a red devil or kitimat. i bet you could catch lots of grayling on a leech, wooly bugger, tom thumb.

According to the survey data there is lake trout and Mountain Whitefish in Jennings. We fished a small lake near there and were catching 5lb lake trout.

Thanks Butcher and Everett for your response- I had heard there were Rainbows, Whitefish and Grayling in the lake--no pressure on the lake so they should be relatively easy to hook- should be fun finding them
    If hunting was that easy--They would call it Shopping!!!

See Any moose or sign near Jennings?

Hmmm been on Jennings numerous times..several big game species and fishing..too much to type..send pm..camping spot..trappers camp..guide cabin..where we got game..etc
    Send pm with phone number, I will call
    Ps GREAT location
    Cheers
    Srupp
    Last edited by srupp; 07-18-2019 at 11:58 AM.