Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quad security

Re: Quad security

Quote Originally Posted by scottwh View Post
    I take the key and usually just park it out of site. I have left my quad for days before on backpack hunts. Its a little nerv racking for sure. I also have thought about rodents chewing my seat up or chewing wiring etc which I have heard of before.
    Porcupines are the worst for chewing your things up, Rubber, plastics , wires and seats. Bears might also be bad for the seat. Might want to put a 2D cell electric fence around it.

hmmm I do the same camo cover over a camo quad,,have a HUGE lock and specialty chain sold for thse applications..arround a tree deep in a thicket..GPS the location and walk away..if the hunt is for 2 weeks I buy fire and theft..

steven

you can also disconnect the battery and hide it near by or just leave it in place

I have an alarm on my Rhino that has an immobilizer and remote start...the siren is so loud its impressive, Im sure the thought of a guy coming out of the woods with a rifle due to the alarm going off would deter anyone from trying too hard to jack it. That being said though, insurance is your best bet if you plan to leave it alone for multiple days. It don't matter how big your chain is if they can just cut the tree down. Give them enough time they will steal it, so hide it and insure it is the best bet. They also make GPS tracking devices that you can put on the machine if you are really concerned.
    Last edited by Darksith; 07-31-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

One of the guys up here didn't have anything to lock his atv ramps to his truck. So he parked his back wheels on each one. When he came back they were gone. He seen where they used a jack and thats how they did it. I would put some stickers on it that say. Warning, This is GPS trackable.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    One of the guys up here didn't have anything to lock his atv ramps to his truck. So he parked his back wheels on each one. When he came back they were gone. He seen where they used a jack and thats how they did it. I would put some stickers on it that say. Warning, This is GPS trackable.
    that's crazy.
    some sob's will steal anything they can I guess.
    lynch 'em all.

Before I got a spare cable lock I would put the ramps in the cab. Pain in the ass but sure beats losing them. I guess you couldn't do that it they weren't fold-able.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

I cable-lock my ramps to my trailer.
    my quad is cable-locked when it's on the trailer, and when I unload it, I then use the lock on the ramps.
    no problems so far, but, if someone wants something bad enough, it's going to be theirs.

Someone must have done that just because they wanted the challenge or something because I always leave my quad and dirtbike ramps just sitting there and have never had one taken. I know it seems common sense to leave stuff out of site but sometimes it's the opposite the closer to the main road and heavy traffic is sometimes better as people won't be as willing to steal shit if theres someone driving by every couple of minutes. COs have told us this lots when hunting in areas where the first nations have been problems, set up camp in a well used camp site or near the main road as it makes the thieves more visible and obvious to passers by...

Do people really steal shit like this from people out in the bush? That is absolutely terrible. When you're out there, having your shit stolen could be a life & death situation if you were in trouble for some reason. I thought there would at least be some kind of bond amongst those who go out in the bush.