Page 71 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best "As they lay" Pics!

Re: Your best "As they lay" Pics!

You're certainly right about the angles. The one in the snow doesnt look it .... the one laying down on his right side looks like a big 3 point. Big buck but the angle hides a point. Holy deep forks on him though

Thanks for sharing!

Perspective is everything. An As They Lay isn't just a capturing of that walkup moment. They bring back a flood of memories For the hunter. When I look at the photo of MassNTrash in the snow the memory is one of under exhaustion. A final chapter closed on a pursuit that lasted years and I was so exhausted I couldn't even yell out to my buddies that he was down. As I slowly walked up to him I took my camera out and snapped that photo without even touching him first. I then sat down next to him and tried desperately to regain my breath as the day and the entire season really, had been a marathon. It seemed like I sat there gasping for several minutes before I finally caught my breath and held the antlers and was able to let out a yell so my partners knew it was over. Heard their yells back and I just sat there and waited for them to make their way up to where I was. All these memories are triggered by that one As They Lay photo. So, yes, perspective is everything.

The angle and the snow hide the palmation I didnt even realize that was the same buck!!!

You've found his sheds before. Have you seen him in summer? Curious how far his wintering range was from his summer range.

Nice, as they lay..... it brings back a lot of memories to the shooter, the by stander, the photographer, those that were there...
    I am grateful for the content in this thread, lets not forget its”as they lay”. Aside from some crazy pile up that the picture tells all in, the picture mostly represents a special moment when the hunter walked up on the quarry and that is what they saw... As it lay! Its really a private moment shared. Some of those bucks and bulls still have the light fading from their eye. The chase has ended. Success.

Wish I had carried a camera more over the years, but other then a knife and rope in jacket pocket, I never even carried water or food when young, and hunted all day (not healthy!)
    Never gave much thought to the "as the lay" picture scene.!!!
    But now, looking at these photos, it just seems "so right" that that is and should be the 1st pics taken, before all the ones we normally see.
    Racks on Packs Pics do also need to be considered more as well.
    That pick that dana had, the old black and white, in the snow, is just the "cats ass" as far as telling a story!
    Good stuff guys (kicking myself a bit that I didn't do it or considered it)

Some amazing photos in this thread, I'll take an "as they lay" over a grip & grin any day.

Taking in the moment of my first bear/big game animal with my favorite hunting partner, the meat was delicious and the hide was perfect but seeing him beaming with pride was the real trophy.

"You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

My 2018 Leh moose, North Thompson Reg 3http://s999.photobucket.com/user/gre...tml?sort=3&o=8
    Last edited by Gs31; 11-04-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Trouble posting pic, hope link works

Tell it how it is!!!

Hmmmm. why did you bury him??
    Quote Originally Posted by ~T-BONE~ View Post

How I found it! Wasn’t mine... New mountain house meal, “BLUE RARE MOOSE WITH RICE” ��
    Tell it how it is!!!