Thread: Experienced Blacktail hunters, Does this Buck have growth potential, in prime, or reg

Experienced Blacktail hunters, Does this Buck have growth potential, in prime, or reg

Is this a younger Buck with growth to come, in his prime now, or start to regress? He look bigger to you this year? Here are some pics of him last year and some of him this year

This year

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Experienced Blacktail hunters, Does this Buck have growth potential, in prime, or

That’s a good looking buck. He seems to have decent sized bases so I don’t think he will get much bigger. He could put on more mass but I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot him if I had the chance.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Re: Experienced Blacktail hunters, Does this Buck have growth potential, in prime, or

Agreed I think he will just grow more mass but his frame is about as big as he will get. Let him have it!

Hop in that new Tacoma and go get him! He looks to be more or less fully mature to my eyes.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I'll agree with the other posters,big neck in the last pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    That’s a good looking buck. He seems to have decent sized bases so I don’t think he will get much bigger. He could put on more mass but I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot him if I had the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliotMoose View Post
    Agreed I think he will just grow more mass but his frame is about as big as he will get. Let him have it!
    Been tryin, rattled this guy in last year to 25 and missed with my bow. I believe I got within 15 yards of him and a Doe and some fawns on the weekend but will never know for sure, they didnt bolt but was too close for comfort so hid behind a tree after a little pursuit and grunted had ome coming back but ultimately never showed. Hes a smart one

I would say in prime now but i'm pretty new to tellin that, seems just a tiny bit bigger than last year. Would really like to get him before I move, when they reach prime, ages 5-7, 6-8? Then they start to regress?