Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best powersaw to take on a horse hunt

Re: Best powersaw to take on a horse hunt

Looks good to me too boxhitch.

Couple bunjees, holds the 170 in place

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    I know it gets done lots , by lots of people that should know better , and maybe it is ok for a while , but I don't .
    I've carried one in a day pack and strapped behind the cantle , but prefer the extra horse . Lots of room for gas/oil , tools and lunch
    Made this top tray from scraps as a prototype and it is still in use. Two bungies and the saw is out.
    Buddy built a wood holder for his that works well. Has a couple hooks on it and slides in and out nicely.

Usually just slide it under the rope and bungy down but that's with a big bag on top.

If hunting in a couple of the gypsy's area usually stuff it in my day pack where the scabbard is to save time.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the BEST saw is one that STARTS and RUNS reliably, otherwise it's just dead weight and a piss off.........

I'm a bit late to the party here, but....
    stihl ms200T.
    It's not a big saw, but they're screamers, and I can keep up with dad's 041 farmboss cutting firewood with mine. Plus it's light! I always keep an eye out for em on the used sites, craigslist, etc. Prices are usually from $150 (cheapest I've gotten one) to $350 (most I've sold one for).
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.