Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Core Challange

Re: Core Challange

Quote Originally Posted by 416 View Post
    Good answer......your attitude is better then a lot of "seasoned" hunter types. Didn't realize the Core was as intense.....when they first came out they were mailed out or at least that is how l received mine back with no course required. The Pal has been upgraded over the years, don't know why the Core wasn't but then again, one is fed the other provincial. The original Pal included long guns, restricted and cross bows all in one course although restricted weren't talked about much and crossbows weren't even mentioned. Also, it used to be and may very well still be, the province recognizes the federal Pal's practical test and if you have your Pal already, you won't need to do the practical on the Core.....you may want to check to see this is still so, but when my wife took hers, she didn't have to do a practical Core as she already had her Pal.
    That is still the case. If one has a PAL, he/she is exempt from the practical portion of the CORE. I am happy about that part. It was about 8 or 9 years ago when I did the PAL/RPAL. To me, that process and test made a lot more sense.

Great attitude caddisguy! Nice to see someone that can be objective, take a little poke, see the good and bad and articulate a response that isn't off the wall nutjob anger because someone dared to disagree with one of their posts. You'll do well on this site and in the bush with an attitude like that. Wish we saw more of it around here. If you're ever up Quesnel way look me up, the first beer is on me.

You should challenge the CORE, don't let the CORE challenge you.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

A big thank you to everyone that helped me out on this. I challenged it tonight and got 3 wrong. It feels great to have finally passed. Again thanks everyone

Congrats! Good job and great score.

So who in the lower island sooke to vic if possible does the course? My wife is really into getting a lisence soon

Hey Caddisguy,

I did the CORE about a month ago. As others have implied here it is not hard. Read the synopsis and know how to get around it. Otherwise, sit back, enjoy the class and listen to the knowledgeable instructors. You'll do fine. The test is designed to be passed (not failed) by people who do the above.

On another note, as a fellow fisherman, its good to hear there are others out there who are willing to put in the hard yards and hike to get to good waters and who also respect their environment. We live in a paradise, if everyone picked up one piece of trash each day they were out in the bush it would certainly help to keep it that way. Good on ya and good luck with this season.

Quote Originally Posted by 22lr View Post
    A big thank you to everyone that helped me out on this. I challenged it tonight and got 3 wrong. It feels great to have finally passed. Again thanks everyone
    That is an excellent score. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Macnbro View Post
    Hey Caddisguy,

I did the CORE about a month ago. As others have implied here it is not hard. Read the synopsis and know how to get around it. Otherwise, sit back, enjoy the class and listen to the knowledgeable instructors. You'll do fine. The test is designed to be passed (not failed) by people who do the above.

On another note, as a fellow fisherman, its good to hear there are others out there who are willing to put in the hard yards and hike to get to good waters and who also respect their environment. We live in a paradise, if everyone picked up one piece of trash each day they were out in the bush it would certainly help to keep it that way. Good on ya and good luck with this season.
    Thanks! It was actually 22lr who was challenging the exam this time around. I did it a few weeks ago, but just got around to picking up the certification from BCWF and the license from ServiceBC earlier this week.

I'll be heading out flyfishing from Sep 12 to 16. I'll be in 2-2, so less than ideal deer habitat--particularly this early in the season--but I'll be spending a couple hours in the mornings and evenings hanging around some spots of interest. I'll venture out later in September and maybe check out Boston Bar / Merritt / Princeton / Spuzzum, etc.

Thanks for the good luck wishes and congrats again to the OP on a great score.

I actually like that it isnt easy to get a hunter #.
    If someone is too lazy or too unmotivated to jump through the neccesary hoops to hunt. then they are probably too lazy to pick up their shotgun shells from the bush, or to pack out ALL edible portions of their game etc etc etc. Keep the dummies out of the bush.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne