Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's Talk

Re: Let's Talk

No guys I have never thought to recheck my brace height whenever I restring my bow, guess I should start that huh? I got a trial pack of gold tips as suggested to my by the sales guy where I bought the bow (the famed three rivers archery in Indiana) so I sort of assumed he was looking out for me... I am finding that the 5575's seem to be the most consistent thus far. I will listen from now on to see if I can discern arrow weight with shot noise.
    Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Oh and greybark, I see you are a traditional guy, would you prefer a recurve or a longbow for hunting? I found that the recurve is much easier to draw than a longbow of similar poundage, and love the simplicity of the longbow.
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant

Hey Sideofabarn , basicly to-days longbows match recurves in performance . The shootabilaty of each differ slightly . The draw of a recurve is smoother and less likely to stack than a longbow . The formed handles that recurves have can be prone to torqueing and therefore are shot with a loose hand for that purpose . The longbow is fully and firmly gripped and the length of the bow creates more stability than the recurve during the launch . It must be pointed out that the weight of the recurves larger massed riser will help stabilize the bow whereas the light weighted long bow riser will have a tendancy to float more during the shot process .
    When all of the above is factored in it works out to a shootability tie .
    Threre is an appealing simplicity to both bows with an extraorinary awary of facinating woods now available .
    Treestanding can be a bit more awkward with a longbow.
    Have both and have no favourites .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On -
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock
    Don't worry about waterproofing your feathers. If you are shooting the proper spined shafts, even if your feathers are flat your arrows should still shoot well. Or don't hunt in the rain. Hairspray is only good if you want the deer to smell you, use scotch guard if you want to spary something on your feathers to waterproof them.
    If you shoot with a compound you don't have to worry about the weather
    { PLastic fletch }
    There is comercialy made water proofing.But remember it can't smell or the game will.
    But as Onesock said " if the arrow is spined correct it will fly true", wet or dry.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

If I remember , I use Hardys Dry Fly Dressing . Silicone base and no odour .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Bow Walker Guest

Bare shaft tuning is supposed to be done with field tips. Tuning broadheads is a whole different ball o' wax.

Check out Eagle1's post over in the thread "Where to start tuning?"

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...?t=9738&page=2
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 01-18-2007 at 07:58 AM.