Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finger Tab with a Compound?

Finger Tab with a Compound?

Anyone else shoot a compound with a finger tab? Would've interested in hearing thoughts, experiences & pros vs cons.
    cheers!
    Spera in Deo

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Finger Tab with a Compound?

I did it once when I got my first compound bow. When I went to the release, accuracy vastly improved. Finger tabs are best suited for Berger button type rests, not so with prong type rests.
    Winn Archery offered a release a few years back that emulated finger release. You clipped it onto the string like any other release, but you had to keep tension on the trigger while drawing and holding a full draw. To fire the arrow, you simply released the pressure on the trigger. It took some getting used to if you had used the standard release, but I think the transition from finger tab to this type of release would be quite easy. It did not catch on and Winn discontinued it after a couple of years.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I still shoot a compound with fingers . The problem these days is that the bows are so short it is difficult to find one long enough to minimize finger pinch. You will probably want to be somewhere around 40" or better, axle to axle for a comfortable draw.

for me its a tru ball release..think the link is the model i use..

..http://www.truball.com/Stinger.html

would love to be able to, but I don't have the time to commit to training with it. A release (I use a tru-fire) works and is accurate. unless you have tons of time to practice with a tab, I would not use them
    Get out of the Truck, Off of the trail, and Onto the tracks...

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    I still shoot a compound with fingers . The problem these days is that the bows are so short it is difficult to find one long enough to minimize finger pinch. You will probably want to be somewhere around 40" or better, axle to axle for a comfortable draw.
    I forgot about that. That was even painful with a 46 inch recurve.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Like mentioned. Not for bows with short ATA.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

I believe my Bear WhiteTail II is 45" ATA, and I have a 29" draw length. No finger pinch. Anchor under chin, nose on the string using a finger tab. It's a 20yr old bow, but man it's awesome!
    Spera in Deo

Watch for a sale and get a release. It will be the best thing you can do. Your groups will shrink almost instantly. I was a finger tab guy when I started but once I got a release I swore I would never go back!

Quote Originally Posted by Speratus View Post
    I believe my Bear WhiteTail II is 45" ATA, and I have a 29" draw length. No finger pinch. Anchor under chin, nose on the string using a finger tab. It's a 20yr old bow, but man it's awesome!
    If it is 45"ata it would be fine with a tab, but if it's 20 years old it probably needs a new string and cables. Cheers Roscoe