Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hunter course now moved to Sept 21-22

Re: new hunter course ....CANCELLED

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    this is one of the things as a bcwf member that I have had to do that I do not enjoy.i had high hopes for this program with 59 people showing interest. as of today we have only had 9 applicants which does not come close to covering the costs .if we had had 15 or 20 people it would have been a go with some additional funding supplied by the bcwf but I cannot with good conscience ask for more more as I know our finances and that would take away from other programs . I am sorry to have to do this as this decision was not made lightly it was made be our heads not our hearts. I will look into moving it to another date down the road. I think my biggest mistake was trying to hold it on a long weekend . perhaps I will see if another weekend that isn,t a long weekend would be better. anyone with imput I would like to hear from.....you have no idea how poorly I feel about this,sorry.....dale 604 340 8496
    Just shows that liking/disliking something behind a keyboard is too easy. When I registered for it, I was worried that I could not get in because I was a couple of days late...

I think having it on a long weekend was actually a good thing; I could go to the camp and still have one day to prepare for the work week.

Thanks for planning this; I might not be able to attend the future one, but I appreciate the effort.

As for the advertising, I think it could have helped if the stores that sell hunting supplies had a poster advertising for this; a lot of the new hunters are regular visitors as they are trying to figure out what to buy and the stores will actually benefit from this in the long run as well.

Cheers
    "If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    The fall might not be the best idea either what with people wanting to get out hunting/fishing, perhaps winters a better idea.....
    I thought the idea was to take the course and be better prepared to go Hunting.
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

I thought it was just in the works i did not know that it was 100% thing that was going to happen. When i saw the first posting in regards of the new hunter Course i thought it was a great idea and i was interested. Maybe next time, If i can be a help at all let me know!!

after much review and help from the great folks over at the ridgedale gun club we has had some new interest in the form of getting the message out there.it will be held on sept 21 and 22.we have a huge commitment from the staff at the bcwf office for much more involved advertisement and we will post posters at all major hunting stores and supplier places. adriaticum has stepped up to help with the social media business. and others that have stepped up to help .i am feeling a whole bunch better about this then this time last week .i would like to thank all of you that stepped up to offer suggestions and help. further info will be along shortly....dale

Great to see I hope it gets the support it deserves this time around it is a fantastic opertunity.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I am glad to see there will be a second chance.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

Re: New Hunter course now moved to Sept 21-22

Changed the title so more can see the new dates. Also Stickied it so it remains at the top of the forum. Good luck
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

well that's great news! I would like to get me and my son out there. The last one we were very interested in but the time ended up not working for us. so we are glad it was cancelled. What's the cost going to be? and what are the activities offered?

with some different and more advertising there is a renewed interest in this .I have had 9 people inquire in the last 4 days. it is looing a little bit promising .here,s hopeing.....dale

Awrsome week-end so far
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF