Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hunter course now moved to Sept 21-22

New Hunter course now moved to Sept 21-22

after much soul searching and some commitment from other volunteers to help with more advertising we have decided to try again. the course will be held at the ridgedale gun club on sept 21 and 22 2013.we will be offering a wide varietyof courses to get you started. if we can get a minimum of 15 to sign up by the 14 of sept it will be a go. registration forms will be available next week. if you have any questions ,feel free to call or email...dale 604 340 8496 or dlvid@telus.net
    Last edited by fowl language; 06-30-2013 at 08:20 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: new hunter course ....CANCELLED

that sux. maybe just not advertised enough??

you have no idea how poorly I feel about this
    I think we can imagine. I for one want to thank you for trying to get this training off the ground so some of the people new to hunting could get some training. It's sorely lacking. Good luck with finding another time to hold the camp.

My wife did BOW a few years ago on the Island and she really enjoyed learning some of the skills.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

That's really to bad Dale it was a great opertunity for new hunters as well as those who just wanted to brush up on thing. I don't think the advertising was the issue, It was out there on a number of forms etc. With59 showing interest you would think the 15 person cut off would have been a snap. Perhaps a misconception of what the course was OR possible patticipants inflated view of their own knowlage, abilities and pride MAY have been a factor. I personally let a number of people I thought may enjoy and benefit from it know. I;m not sure if any contacted you I do know I got feedback from 1 rookie individual after asking about the course he said "If it's not actuall hunting then it's not for me, I don't need that kind of thing" Don't write it off though, try again, It's a great Idea who's time will come, it's needed.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 06-21-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Very sad to get your call this afternoon... My daughter and I have been talking about this for the past couple weeks...
    Hopefully we can drum up 9 more for the fall? If you need help "collecting applications" I would be happy to help
    BY68
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF

A shame for sure I would have reckoned you would have had to turn people away.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Sorry just jioned the site.
    But I think a long weekend is a bad idea.

Sad announcement Dale, it was a great idea. Hopefully it will get off the ground for net time.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

Quote Originally Posted by biggyun68 View Post
    Very sad to get your call this afternoon... My daughter and I have been talking about this for the past couple weeks...
    Hopefully we can drum up 9 more for the fall? If you need help "collecting applications" I would be happy to help
    BY68
    The fall might not be the best idea either what with people wanting to get out hunting/fishing, perhaps winters a better idea.....

Perhaps they will try to reschedule. Maybe set a different date when it's not a long weekend and we will see.
    Not all hope is lost.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach