Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
this is one of the things as a bcwf member that I have had to do that I do not enjoy.i had high hopes for this program with 59 people showing interest. as of today we have only had 9 applicants which does not come close to covering the costs .if we had had 15 or 20 people it would have been a go with some additional funding supplied by the bcwf but I cannot with good conscience ask for more more as I know our finances and that would take away from other programs . I am sorry to have to do this as this decision was not made lightly it was made be our heads not our hearts. I will look into moving it to another date down the road. I think my biggest mistake was trying to hold it on a long weekend . perhaps I will see if another weekend that isn,t a long weekend would be better. anyone with imput I would like to hear from.....you have no idea how poorly I feel about this,sorry.....dale 604 340 8496
Just shows that liking/disliking something behind a keyboard is too easy. When I registered for it, I was worried that I could not get in because I was a couple of days late...

I think having it on a long weekend was actually a good thing; I could go to the camp and still have one day to prepare for the work week.

Thanks for planning this; I might not be able to attend the future one, but I appreciate the effort.

As for the advertising, I think it could have helped if the stores that sell hunting supplies had a poster advertising for this; a lot of the new hunters are regular visitors as they are trying to figure out what to buy and the stores will actually benefit from this in the long run as well.

Cheers