Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: mission mayor and council meeting tonight

Re: mission mayor and council meeting tonight

Reading the thread and wonder if there is a link someone can post to the issue or proposed hunting closure. Would like to know a bit more about what is at stake..
    Quote Originally Posted by john.b View Post
    i would be sending my kid to school with a real hockey stick, baseball bat and a bag full of peanut butter sandwiches

well gang I could not of had a better birthday present if I could ask for one.by our count there was between 105 and 110 people there. I want to thank all that attended and spoke. there were so many good speakers that I felt a pride come over me that I haven,t felt for a while . you guys were great .thank you all. we stayed and spoke to the councillors and we come to find out that they were getting snowed by their staff .they said they had their eyes opened and have a new appreciation for hunting. I was told that 6 of the 7 councillors that were onboard so we have made some great inroads. thanks for a great birthday present.....dale

Good job folks!

Well done.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by BuckEye View Post
    Reading the thread and wonder if there is a link someone can post to the issue or proposed hunting closure. Would like to know a bit more about what is at stake..
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...gulation-Bylaw
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...n-in-misson-bc
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...hlight=mission
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...unt-in-Mission
    I think there was one other post with the link to the info on tonights (Wednesdays) meeting.
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC

Quote Originally Posted by BuckEye View Post
    http://www.mission.ca/wp-content/upl...arms-Bylaw.pdf
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Many thanks to Fowl language-Dale ( BCWF ) for representing all outdoorsmen at the Mission Council meeting and to any others that were there speaking on our behalf.

Respectfully
    WF
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 06-20-2013 at 06:04 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

37 speakers, 3 opposed. Chamber and outside chamber packed, well done, I think we were heard

Well done guys, didn't surprise me one bit Just sorry I couldn't make it Dale Happy B-Day. Sounds like you guys got your point across in spades. Hopefully council will do the right thing and listen to the true will of the people and rethink this lunacy. Like to hear more on this Timmy's thing if their corporate policy is "Anti" I will be switching my loyalties.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Great turnout you Mainlanders!!! The world is run by those who show up. ---Cheers---Field Marshal.

Don't think the corporate model is anti gun, seen that owner hunting ducks on tv with Canadian in the rough knobs.

But where some proposed closures are is near where an existing children's camp is and a new multi million Tim hortons camp is now going up there aswell. And I can totally understand closing an area around each camp so the kids don't hear gun fire but those camps are mostly summer camps so there shouldn't be much camps at all.

The tims representative there didn't seem to be swayed not thought it was safe to have any shooting on the entire road heading to the camps and I don't think a guy like that from crescent beach will ever understand hunters are the least of his concern. How about cougars in the area and no hunting will they be afraid to come dangerously close to the camps in years to come.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?