Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mission mayor and council meeting tonight

Re: mission mayor and council meeting tonight

Just phoned and they said 630 for sure.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

ok awesome..love how their info is missleading. and denying the bcwf guy from speaking..convenient

Should be crowded at today's meeting
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

i have a feelin will be a bit empty. in my exp i rarely see people show up, just easier to rant online than get up and do something about it. never been to a hunting related one though, or one in mission.been to a couple was crassy online anger over and i was only guy showed up...hope its bussy tonight

What a turnout! Great show everyone.
    The place was packed full and the speakers were great.
    Hopefully the council will do the right thing!
    Good show Dale!
    Last edited by adriaticum; 06-19-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    1. Human over population

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    What a turnout! Great show everyone.
    The place was packed full and the speakers were great.
    Hopefully the council will do the right thing!
    Good show Dale!
    My older brother was there said a very good turnout and lots of speakers.....good to hear.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

When I left was about 35+ against the bylaw and two for it.

One being an Anti-hunter I know locally that her husband has been told by cops and COs he isn't allowed to interfere in hunts or blow his propane canon during duck hunting.

The other was the Tim hortons representative, thank god I've been on a Timmies boycott for 7+years , as much as the camp is a great thing they shouldn't expect us to bow down to them and their $$$. When he took the podium you should of seen a couple council members sit up and look excited at the money he would be representing to them. Not happy bout that.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

I think the council would be foolish not to listen.
    Mission has opportunities to build itself as a hunter friendly place. They can have both. A safe zone for hikers and Tim Horton's camp and a few areas where hunters/shooters can exercise their sport.
    I was going to go after the police chief and ask him what he was doing about the illegal activities. It's their job to enforce the law and not let this Mission soar develop into a gangrene.
    Because they didn't do their job, we have to lose something we like.
    All the speakers were very good.
    1. Human over population

Very clear Tim Horton and the counselors have a bit of a relationship !!

Fantastic turnout tonight. There were some very good speakers. However, there are two issue I think we need to be concerned about.

1. Bird shooting was better represented than rifle shooting. There was a lot of talk about the geese problem in regards to crops. I think council will listen to their farmers with the result being they throw single projectiles under the bus and still allow the discharge of shotguns.

2. I'm not entirely sure the safety aspect was countered in regards to councils assertion than shooting and hunting pose a high risk to the general public.

I do think however, that council had their eyes opened a wee bit on the myths surrounding firearms use. As well, they now know they had better be up for a fight if they want to push this through. I don't think they expected such a turnout.
    "if ya get to thinkin yer some person of some great importance, try ordering someone else's dog around"