Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mission mayor and council meeting tonight

mission mayor and council meeting tonight

well gang, after I got confirmation to speak to mayor and council for 10 minutes I spent some of yesterday preparing a presentation, and fight an accident on the 401 and traffic ,ed and I made it out to mission about 4 mins late .i see my name on the agenda as the third speaker. so it,s know my turn to speak ,one of the councillors stands and come to me and says that the mayor and council have decided not to hear me speak and they would rather I speak on weds .the problem with that is we have a region 2 board meeting. I have asked the board their thoughts and hope they will let me speak on weds .what I would really like would be to pack the room with hunters to show them what our voice is like. if you can make it ,it,s only one night and it would show them that we mean business. I urge you to make time as this is your sport and passion. I don,t hunt there but we need to let all the municipalities that we mean business...if you can attend I will try to get there about five if you have any questions if my board allows me to go....think about it. if you need to reach me ,you can call me at 604 340 8496....dale

2. Site Sponsor

Re: mission mayor and council meeting tonight

I will be there giving my thoughts . I will talk about hunting in the wilderness. I will leave the migratory game birds for others.
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC

Have the board meeting near the council meeting - increase the representation and the applause.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

So this is at Mission City Hall 8645 Stave Lake St • Mission, BC V2V 4L9
    5 Pm today?

I am going.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

i believe its wed at 6:30. right location on stave at municipal hall

Quote Originally Posted by G.A. View Post
    i believe its wed at 6:30. right location on stave at municipal hall
    Ok good, looking forward to meeting you there tomorrow
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I'll be there if you need support. Time and place?

Not sure of all the issues at hand but good luck.
    May be worth it to have some scientific facts in hand , regarding ballistics of shot and arrows , their short range effectiveness , the benefits to wildlife management in developed areas , etc.
    This helped fight a local issue here.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

its tonight at 6:30 at municiapal hall mission..addy is 8645 Stave Lake St • Mission
    no idea what room or where, never been to one of these here. im going to try and make it.

problem is their own word say the problem isnt hunters, hasnt been a hunting accident their ever according to them. they will shut down hunting and still have the same issue they have now. they dont police it now so nothing will change. to them its about money so something ha to intice them i feel to make a buck to keep it open. they will make was more with the camp and other developement to come in the area. and with the mayor we have now saying we are open for bussiness its the new thinking f mission..cut and build and grow the city, last councel was against that.

i was talking on the phone other night with pmj and mentioned when i go hunt on bear mtn the signs ther say no target shooting..not sure why its so hard for them to shut down target shooting up stave and have a summer closure for hunting time like some other parks have. their concern is the traffick to and from the new camps so summer is the bussy season for them but not for us..
    also dont see an reason they cant have a 400m no shooting zone along the roads as in other bussy places, their tons of forest to us for all. seems obvious they have other future plans how they word their documents also

i spent a day using google looking for any facts to incidents up there and i didnt ind anything for hunters or shootings. all vehicle or criminal/vandalism issues is whats online.

funny when i look at the city web site for meetings todays says at 3pm..