Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recurve

recurve

I just aquired a Browning safari . it is a 49# 60" II. I was just wondering if I could get any kind of input as to quality and or value serial # 5c9XX
    The bow is true no twist and in show room quality. beautifull pice of art and bloody acurate once you learn to shoot instinctivly and have the arows tuned too. any input would be apreciated. Thank you in advance.
    vegetables are what food eats.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: recurve

Very nice bow.

From 1968

...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Wow wonder if I can still write for the free color catalog. LOL

Not sure if I will have the time to truly appreciate the art of traditional instinctive. Shooting so might be in to trading it for a compound. Not to sure yet but if I do the lads here will get first dibs on it.

Try Bowzone.ca

Might get some better bow knowledge there, or might sell quicker too.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Thanks Dawg

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Down View Post
    Not sure if I will have the time to truly appreciate the art of traditional instinctive. Shooting so might be in to trading it for a compound. Not to sure yet but if I do the lads here will get first dibs on it.
    I guarantee you'll enjoy shooting instinctive. A few years ago I had a recurve, compound bow and crossbow. I sold the crossbow as it didn't really interest me. I love shooting compound but I can honestly say with a recurve I would practice twice as much. Not because I needed to but because I loved it so much.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Bow Walker Guest

If the bow didn't cost you much (or anything at all) hang on to it and learn to play.

Go find a good deal on a compound - but keep the recurve.

dont get me wrong I can shoot it instinctivly but at 30 yards cant honestly say I can make the kill shot. so with out having that cumfort zone I wont release on an animal. unless I just shoot it for the apreciation of it. like I have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Down View Post
    dont get me wrong I can shoot it instinctivly but at 30 yards cant honestly say I can make the kill shot. so with out having that cumfort zone I wont release on an animal. unless I just shoot it for the apreciation of it. like I have been.
    if you talk to a lot of instinctive shooters theres alot that won't shoot past 20yrds. it's all about what your comfortable with

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear