Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL wait times

Re: PAL wait times

Mine pal was renewed and sent to me in 29 days. I sent it in 2 weeks before the deadline on May 16th and saved the $60.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Thanks guys for the info. I just phoned again. Talked to a nice lady, she said that CFO has it there Realy back logged. Even said it was wierd that so many people are aplying for there pal this year. Told me to keep phone back to big them. To make sure they get it. I did read the candain gun nutz. I did run into a couple old friends from high school in the new grouse outfitters. They both waited 7 months for there pal.

The math tells me it's been 15 years since 98 when the laws changed. Those of us with FAC's of the day had to get a PAL and challenged the test. As with passports of late, the law changed and everyone that want's one needs to get one ASAP, then every 5 years there the corresponding glut of renewals. Still, if dumb little old me can see it coming, you'd think the BONEHEADS that created this mess would also anticipate the run of renewals.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Are you talking about renewals or new applications. I recieved my renewal letter last week, mine expires in Aug!Best I get it done if there is a backlog.

It took just over a year and a half for my GF to receive hers in the mail. she had one little medical issue they found on her record from a kid and made wait
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

so much for them only looking 2 years back and our medi records being private without a signature

I sent my application away Feb 8th and my PAL expired April 21st so I have been without a PAL since then. Typical Government raise the cost and make cutbacks to the department and give no service to the customer. I phoned the RCMP and they said it is at the Provincial Firearms Officer. I don't know what the hold-up is I haven't even had a speeding ticket for 20 years. Lucky I bought lots of ammo the day before my birthday.

I sent mine in in Dec mid month, Just got approved last week, so 6 months. They are Realllllyyyy Busy, back log, the guy that worked on my file said... your going to be waiting for awhile, Just Keep calling them explain that you are calling to make sure you filled out your form correctly and if you can have your reference call in... Good Luck man it sucks waiting i know but by then you should have some money saved by then... I missed out on all the spring hunting this year.

Not much that can be done about it!

Mine took 9 months for a renewal... didn't even get to the CFO until 4 months in.... but then I foolishly checked the "have you been separated/divorced within the last 2 years" box.

My understanding from having many lengthy chats with the CFO and others is that if your application is a "rubber stamp" it's taking the 45 days. If it's something that a CFO actually has to look into (i.e. call a reference or something like that) you're looking at a minimum of 3 months.

Me.

received my renewal notice in March (exp. was July). Got my pic and mailed out beginning of April. Still hadn't received anything by June 1. So I called and talked to a very nice lady, she checked and said they received my renewal the end of April (bit of a delay considering I mailed beginning of April), that it had been approved but not mailed yet but she would make sure it was sent out. After that call I received it 7 days later.