Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: PAL wait times

Re: PAL wait times

I received my PAL and Restricted in, 30 some days. I did call in quite a bit, because I had checked the wrong box to get my Restricted. Squeaky wheels get the grease! (At least this time, sometimes they get taken off the axle).

renewed my restricted pal. Sent it away online Sept 25, After 45 days I called to check on progress. I forgot to send a copy of my Shooting Club membership. I sent that away online as well asap. And had my renewed pal in my hands three weeks later. If I hadn't screwed up i'm sure it would have been under 45 days.

Just recieved mine a month back. I submitted the papers April 2013. 33 months for mine to show up. So if your wait time seems long dont get discouraged, eventually the beauraucrats may pull their heads from their rears and make it happen. I should add it was initially submitted in Alberta, changed my address to B.C. in August 2015 and the CFO here is the one who approved it.

Also I am a liscenced pyrotechnician and was cleared by CSIS to operate explosives directly overhead of the prime minister... all the while waiting for a simple PAL.

They received my hard copy application on Nov 20th. Just checked and my licensed was just been mailed to me. So, 76 days...considering it was over Christmas, not bad.
    aka...THE MOOSE WHISPERER

Hi all,

I have been eagerly waiting for my PAL and I finally got it approved (took 46 days). So I thought I share my experience with the process:

- Mailed my new application late Jan/16
    - Online status said - received on Feb 05/16
    - I asked my reference to call in Mar 09/16
    - After this the status said that my application was now forwarded to provincial firearms officer

I waited 45 days and called today. The first representative didn't give me anything. All I wanted to know was how long the provincial waiting times are. I was courteous and referred to the website but was told that "its just a waiting game".
    So I call again after 10 minutes and get a different representative. Tell her the same thing i.e. it being over 45 days and the website mentioning that if we don't hear anything in 45 days then call and ask for the reason. Anyways, she said that its in provincial firearm officer's hands and they don't have control over that. However, she decided to transfer my call to the provincial firearm officer's office. After about 20 minutes wait, I get someone (very nice person) and tell her everything. She goes away from her phone for another 15 minutes. Comes back and tells me that my license is approved. It will be printed in 1-2 days and then sent by mail.

My Learnings from this process (and for someone who is applying for the first time):
    - Call after 45 days - Had I not called today, who knows how long it would have taken.
    - Also, I should have asked my reference to call earlier. Call after 2 weeks to see if your reference can call in.
    - Last but not least, fill out your application correctly. I triple checked mine.

So all together - I took me 46 days to get my license approved (restricted and non-restricted)

The status on my application stated- "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued"

DS

Mailed mine off today, so playing the waiting game now. Applying for both Pal/RPal. Will update when i hear some news.

Got my PAL last year and decided to upgrade to RPAL. Took the course Feb 29, mailed it in on Mar 10th, payment processed Apr 1, reference was called Apr 29, and in my hand on May 4th. My brother in-law sent his PAL/RPAL a week later and got his today.

Sent mine in in May of 2015, got mine back in February 2016. Phone calls did nothing. Just kept saying they were backed up. Passport only took 7 days from dropping off to receiving in the mail.

So i had an email today saying to contact the firearms processing unit. I had missed a box on the forms which the guy filled in for me. Then he said that stage is complete so next step is either to wait whilst they contact one of my references (when they get to me on the pile) or get them to call in. So my buddy called and I'm not through to the final stage i guess. I have been checking the online updates for weeks with nothing and all of a sudden I'm in the system as completed initial processing and now in progress.