Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL wait times

Re: PAL wait times

I did my course on Sept 6th, and had my license the last week of October. Give or take, 50-55 days. Pretty sure my references weren't contacted (neither mentioned anything).

Quote Originally Posted by yuriy View Post
    I did my course on Sept 6th, and had my license the last week of October. Give or take, 50-55 days. Pretty sure my references weren't contacted (neither mentioned anything).
    Restricted or Non-Res yuriy?

When I called the gov on mine they said they only check references for restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Thanks for this thread. My R-Pal doesn't expire till Dec 27 but I sent in my application for renewal by registered mail, including a copy of my range membership, today. That will give them almost 7 months, hopefully it will arrive in time. Cheers
    As per the quoted post made June 2, 2014 (when I sent my application in) as I still hadn't received my RPAL renewal as of today (Nov 12) I thought I'd better call them... it has been sitting in a pile at the CFO for BCs' office with a note attached saying they needed to confirm what, if any, restricted firearms that I currently own. The pleasant woman took that information over the phone and came back in two minutes saying my license has now been approved and that I should receive it within a week or so.

I feel badly for these folks as they must be terribly over-worked and stressed out... I don't believe that many public servants create extra work or slow things down on purpose and trust that they like most people want to take pride in their efforts everyday. Based on some of the comments from the haters here it is little wonder we (Canadians) have a hard time attracting honest qualified hard working politicians and public servants!
    Last edited by The Hermit; 11-12-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by clte View Post
    Restricted or Non-Res yuriy?

When I called the gov on mine they said they only check references for restricted.
    Non-restricted.

I did the course with a buddy and he sent off his paperwork within a day or two of me, and interestingly enough, he's still waiting for his. And our cheques were cashed around the same date, too.

Non-restricted.

I did the course with a buddy and he sent off his paperwork within a day or two of me, and interestingly enough, he's still waiting for his. And our cheques were cashed around the same date, too.

How how long from the time your credit card was charged till you received your PAL? Been waiting 4 weeks since then...

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    How how long from the time your credit card was charged till you received your PAL? Been waiting 4 weeks since then...
    About 1.5 weeks for me. Buddy's cheque cleared at the same time and he's still waiting for his (close to 4 week now?). I've no idea why I got mine quicker. Perhaps it's because I have a Nexus pass and the government has more info on (or trust with) me? Who knows...

I just upgraded my POL to a PAL the first week of Oct so hopefully it arrives soon, my cheque hasn't been cashed yet.

About 1.5 weeks for me. Buddy's cheque cleared at the same time and he's still waiting for his (close to 4 week now?). I've no idea why I got mine quicker. Perhaps it's because I have a Nexus pass and the government has more info on (or trust with) me? Who knows...
    Interesting...

i I have a nexus pass too and also had to submit a federal criminal record check from Australia as I haven't lived in Canada for 5 years yet.

Maybe be that's the hold up: Too much information!

Is there a number you can call one its in the BC office? Mines now with the CFO and has been for about 4 weeks. Should I try and call?

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    Is there a number you can call one its in the BC office? Mines now with the CFO and has been for about 4 weeks. Should I try and call?
    If they charged you for it already then yes I would. I don't know what the BC # is but if you call the RCMP one @ 1-800-731-4000 they can transfer you to BC.