Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL wait times

Re: PAL wait times

Looks like they are on top of my renewal form even though it still doesn't show up online. Apparently I forgot a checkmark (oops!) and they just called me to confirm over the phone, then she fixed it up for me. Can't get much better than that. I don't think I'll have to worry about getting the new one back before the old one expires. I do think it's still good practice to send the renewals 4-6 months early though. I wouldn't want to miss out on any fall hunting.

I just got mine. It was about 50 days. They were pretty helpful when I called. Once you see the charge on your credit card, give them a call. Chances are they will just need to call your reference....but you can speed this up by having your reference call them ( just get your application number ). After my reference check it was about a week before it arrived in the mail.

Just an update on my current renewal (license #3) I was a little optimistic that the federal worker pro-actively called me to confirm some information and let me know it was being sent to "the province" (CFO) ... that was at the beginning of the month (application was received on May 26th) but the status hasn't budged since. No reason for concern since it has until September, but if nothing has changed by July 28th I'll start calling. It expires a few days after opening day and I won't take a chance on missing out on any fall hunting.

Oddly enough, I received an "LTATT" in the mail that is valid until the license expires in a couple months. Just guessing, but though the status hasn't updated I suspect it's approved and they just sent me the 2 month "LTATT" while they make up the license to send along with the new LTATT.

Not sure why the renewals seem to take just as long as the initial applications since they don't typically call references or do applicant interviews. I always figured they just click a few buttons to run the name through a through databases like CPIC and FIPS but who knows.

My renewal was the same. Went in the same envelope as a new applicants and mine was about 1 month longer in processing. I'm sure you will receive yours well before Sept.

mine was 95 days from the day i passed my test till today when they told me it was approved, just have to wait for it to come in the mail now

I called in about my renewal today. Quick call and they were able to renew it on the spot. I should have it in a couple weeks.

I mailed my renewal on April 14 and got it back 61 days later on June 13 here on Vancouver Island.

270 days for mine.

Well I got charged 6 days ago so I will get a reference to call in.

!!! So I gave the gov until last week and still hadn't heard since being charged for license at the end of July.

They pushed through the processing and I got it today. So took about 4 months or so.