Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting without a PAL

Re: Hunting without a PAL

I hunted with a bow only (and core) before I became a landed immigrant - sometimes you just need to do what you need to do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

hunt with my wife all the time,she has her core but no pal,its all good as long as she is by my side its all legal,same thing as taking somebody to the range without a pal,lots of cops at thge range and no issues.rarely see cops in the bush anyway lol,got check out by co a couple times both my wife and me ad rifles,they never even ask to see pal just hunting licences.

has anyone been asked for their pal from a C.O when out hunting? ...cant say that I ever have .
    Midnight toker

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbar View Post
    has anyone been asked for their pal from a C.O when out hunting? ...cant say that I ever have .
    Not me. PAL is a federal requirement under federal law. Conservation officers enforce provincial laws and are employees of the province. Not saying they can't bust you for it because I'm not sure, but I know a couple years ago they wouldn't enforce the gun registry when it was in place because it was a federal law and they didn't have the support or resources to do it. Not sure if that was official policy or not.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Rafiki View Post
    Not me. PAL is a federal requirement under federal law. Conservation officers enforce provincial laws and are employees of the province. Not saying they can't bust you for it because I'm not sure, but I know a couple years ago they wouldn't enforce the gun registry when it was in place because it was a federal law and they didn't he the support or resources to do it. Not sure if that was official policy or not.
    that's kinda what I thought .
    Midnight toker

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    If he doens't have a PAL, he can't be alone with a firearm, legally. He can't own a firearm, possess one or wander off on his own with one. The firearm must be "owned" by you and you let him use it under your supervision.

PAL and Hunting licenses are not connected. He can cut a tag without a PAL.
    The key word here is DIRECT supervision. TO me this means he must be no more than arms length away from the PAL holder.

I have been asked to show my pal at a rd stop game check but there was rcmp there as well.
    Never when its just a co. They just want to see hunting licenses and unloaded guns in the vehicles.
    But then what do I know? I'm just a lowly woodcutter.

never, ever, ever, ever.
    and I've went through many, many a CO check.

Yes, I have. The CO asked to see my hunting license and PAL. This was a few years back when the registration was in and when I asked if he wanted my gun Registration, he said no to that.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 07-17-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Yes, I have. The CO asked to see my hunting license and PAL. This was a few years back when the registration was in and when I asked if he wanted my gun Registration, he said no to that.
    Me too, been asked tos how my pal a couple times. Even got asked when bow hunting!! I kind of chuckled, pointed at the bow and said "Bang??" He laughed and apologized.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."