Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting without a PAL

Re: Hunting without a PAL

Funny thing, the internet is not the greatest source for the interpretation of the law. The problem your friend may run into is when you are stopped by the hard asses in the "justice" system who run on their own hard-assy legal interpretations. Some may say in sight while others may say withing arms reach and all of them have the power to make your day miserable.

Chances are someone who has just gotten their hunting license is going to be somewhat unsure of what they're doing and more than likely have someone who does with them that's close by, I wouldn't worry about it, I killed my first deer without a PAL

^^good point.
    it's just safer to get it.
    a cop could sure make life miserable if they chose to.
    best not to F around when it comes to our guns these days.

I agree, who needs to get a ticket and have to fight it in court, even if you're right?
    It's not that hard, a lot of multiple choice and telling a rimfire round apart from a .338...get a PAL.
    Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid...John Wayne...so, don't be stupid!
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Quote Originally Posted by duallie View Post

best not to F around when it comes to our guns these days.
    very solid advice to everyone
    Last edited by Ron.C; 06-16-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    I hunt with a guy every year who just refuses to get one. Some people just are not willing to jump through hoops for something they believe is none of the governments business.
    Well, I can respect that. Wonder what would happen if we all did that.

There are quite a few hunters that don't have PALs. Most of them seem to ave no issues until they want another gun or need to buy ammo and don[t have a buddy available to bootleg for them
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Tell him he is an idiot to not get his PAL and continue to publicly use his firearms. Whether anyone likes it or not, the law is quite clear.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

it's easy. tell him you won't accompany him until he has his PAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pepper View Post
    Well, I can respect that. Wonder what would happen if we all did that.
    We wouldn't have the gun bullsh!t laws that we do now! A little research of the history of gun control in Canada shows the govt
    of the day shortly after WW2 tried to implement a long arms registry, it was abandoned in the '50's, officially reason....non-compliance.
    Today a lot of people don't have the mind set or courage to take a stand for what is right and tell our "elected officials" what we
    believe in. Instead we label anyone who questions authority..........
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire