Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting without a PAL

Hunting without a PAL

Hey hope someone can answer my question, I have a friend who has had his CORE for several years but has never gotten his PAL. I have a burner under his but right now to go take the PAL but with the turn around times it might not get here in time for hunting season. We both have a draw in for a shared moose with another couple friends. My question is can he carry a firearm as long as he is in sight of someone with a PAL? And what are the rules if we cut his tag but he doesn't have a PAL? All the rest of us have our PALs and CORE cards, thanks for the answers!
    If it has balls,it falls!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting without a PAL

If he doens't have a PAL, he can't be alone with a firearm, legally. He can't own a firearm, possess one or wander off on his own with one. The firearm must be "owned" by you and you let him use it under your supervision.

PAL and Hunting licenses are not connected. He can cut a tag without a PAL.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

^^what he said.

a pal is to possess and purchase guns.
    although, again, their wording could be misconstrued.
    possession could be thought by some to simply be in possession of a firearm. it should be worded "own".
    he's legal to borrow a gun and hunt with a pal holder.

As long as he has a clean past, there's no reason whatsoever he shouldn't be able to take his PAL now and have it in time for hunting season. If he keeps delaying though he'd be well advised to start practicing with a bow..
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

He can hunt and shoot something legally as long as someone with a pal is with him.

Technical interpretation, make your own decisions (not intended to enter in debate on this), if shooting on an other person's PAL need to be under direct control - interpreted as within arm's reach and the person with PAL is supervising, not doing their own thing. So "in sight" may not do it. Other than that no problem.

Get him to go challenge the test,

I did mine in the spring and had my pal in my hands faster than they say it will take.

although you would be legal "supervising" him, you and he will have more fun on the hunt if you don't have to even think about it. Never mind the fact some cop or whatever could have a different opinion on what supervised is.

good luck on your draw.

Thanks for the responses
    If it has balls,it falls!

My buddy hunts alone without a PAL and got stopped last year. Neither the RCMP or the CO seemed to care. Weird eh? I told him get the damn card, next cop might enforce the law.

I hunt with a guy every year who just refuses to get one. Some people just are not willing to jump through hoops for something they believe is none of the governments business.