Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peep tubing

Re: Peep tubing

Also make sure your d loop is lined up with your peep, this will help twist tit straight at full draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger95 View Post
    I would stick with the tubing. It's way more reliable, easy to adjust and no matter how much your string creeps it will always be in line and you'll never have to change your anchor point.

so .. your string creeps or stretches a little bit ... it stands to reason that your peep will move a bit with it ... you dont think your anchor will change???
    therefore a POI wont change ????
    Mmmmmkay !
    keep telling yourself that

a quality string and cable set is of the utmost importance .... spend the extra cash ... get quality products ... you will be nothing but aggrevated otherwise ...
    dump the tubed peeps ... the tube breaks at full draw on a monster buck .... I garantee you will see it my way after that
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Tubeless way more reliable? I don't think so. Tubing breaks....sometimes it slips off peep....that's not good. I started with tubing, and when I needed new strings, I bought a good quality string and cable, and went tubeless. I'd never go back to tubing. I bought a higher end bow last year and it came with a quality string. If peep twists a little, adjust d-loop at same angle.....drawing back puts the peep where you want it.
    Last edited by Riverbc; 10-10-2013 at 05:12 AM.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    so .. your string creeps or stretches a little bit ... it stands to reason that your peep will move a bit with it ... you dont think your anchor will change???
    Mmmmmkay !

a quality string and cable set is of the utmost importance .... spend the extra cash ... get quality products ... you will be nothing but aggrevated otherwise ...
    dump the tubed peeps ... the tube breaks at full draw on a monster buck .... I garantee you will see it my way after that
    Totally agree! I also started with tubing, but after fiddling with it, including accidentally snagging it while walking through bush, I spent the money on quality strings and went tubeless...I'll never go back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Mmmmmkay !

Right so maybe I mispoke a bit. What I meant is that tube sights are there for a reason! They take the hassle out of aligning your peep, and while you are correct about the string creep, buying expensive strings and cables are not always an option for everyone. Personally I use a tube sight just to eleminate the extra checks I have to do when lined up on a target. The only benifit I see from tubless sights are the speed gain, and even then its maybe 5 fps.

I just prefer less things possible to fail during the most critical moments. A tube breaking when drawing on a deer.......... if I can eliminate that possibility I will. Tubeless for me. I am also a tinkerer and like my stuff to be as tuned as possible. If I need to rely on a tube to straighten my peep then something else is off.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it