Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: German Hunting Terrier

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Re: German Hunting Terrier

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    There is a fellow in Cranbrook with a young jagdterrier. He also brought it over from Germany.
    Good luck!

VDD Group Canada

You would not happen by chance to have a name and phone number ??????????

Thanks ------Karl

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    You would not happen by chance to have a name and phone number ??????????

Thanks ------Karl
    Karl,
    PM sent.

1899 Guest

Check out the Traditional Working Airedale forums. There are a couple of fellows on there who hunt with Jagd Terriers. You have to become a member to read the threads. It is a site that you should look at if you are serious about hunting with terriers as there are lots of like minded folks there.

My friend also used to have two of them. I think he still has contacts in Germany.

Did you find your dog yet?? I am in search for one too have couple of breeders that i would by from in USA
    If still interested in getting one perhaps we could split the shipping cost etc... let me know if interested.

I was looking for a Jagd last year, and actually found one at a shelter on the island but could not get any response from them at all. Like most shelters I guess I didnt meet their standards... I did say I was planning on training him for hunting which probably sent up all their flags. Other than that one, I didnt find any in Canada. Found one breeder in the States. Ended up getting a little family dog instead

Know one in WA coast, PM for number if you'd like to get one.

I managed to find a breeder and got myself a pup a couple years ago. He’s a great little dog and every bit the animal people describe. Although we are short on huntable small game around Kamloops, he doesn’t hesitate to try! So far no neighbourhood cats have been disposed of and he tries hard for squirrels and gophers. Really great dogs, smart, stubborn, energetic and fearless. He’s not as gamey as I thought. His parents were basically farm dogs that hunted around the farm on their own.

Was wondering about other breeders around.

This guys breeds and trains them:

http://briarwoodsgundogs.com/

Note that this is not a recommendation, just a link to a page I follow once in a while...