Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Can a mentor fire follow-up shot(s)?

Re: Can a mentor fire follow-up shot(s)?

Well, if anything, I learned you should not ask questions on the National Hunting BC Enquirer.

Pathetic.

Good luck Hare! I hope you and your daughter have a fabulous time and maybe even fill a tag together.

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    I was once told by a co that if an animal is wounded by another hunter in your party and is going to eacape and perhaps suffer its ok to finish off the animal. If u happen onto an allready wounded animal your supposed to leave it be or cut a tag. Grey area for sure . Everything is hearsay as far as i am concerned . Hare assasin call you local office and confirm. Thats about all you an do.

There is no grey area and no hearsay. The law is very clear that you shouldn't shoot anything that you don't have a tag for. Hare Assassin wanted to know the law, it was answered several times.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Is a 10 year old allowed to take the core and get their own tags? I thought they got juniour licences but had to use the adults tags until they were 14 or something like that... Been a very long time since I was 10, so can't remember...
    Ya thats what I thought too..well now were all confused..time to read the regs again..

Ohya and good luck with your daughter hare, like they said above I would call your local CO office.. most importantly, have a blast and I'm sure you'll do a good job on the most important thing: teaching her to love and enjoy the woods and be a good conservationist..

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    I was once told by a co that if an animal is wounded by another hunter in your party and is going to eacape and perhaps suffer its ok to finish off the animal. If u happen onto an allready wounded animal your supposed to leave it be or cut a tag. Grey area for sure . Everything is hearsay as far as i am concerned . Hare assasin call you local office and confirm. Thats about all you an do.
    Last three lines here in this quote is the best advice. After that, you opperate on your own ethics...
    Have a great time hunting with your daughter!!
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

The Law is blind but not the Judge. Prosecution and CO,s are well aware of that to. Not likely that one gets prosecuteted by doing the right thing putting a suffering animal out of its misery which in many Countries is also a formost duty of any ethical Hunter. Just dont get carried away and make sure your Doughter can reliable hit a target, knows where to aim and has her body braced against something solid to insure the best possible shot for a hopefully clean kill.

Good Luck

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !