Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could somebody teach me how to hunt ?

Could somebody teach me how to hunt ?

Or tell me what I'm doing wrong ? Ive been hunting for about 8 years now and I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I live in a prime hunting area. I see animals every day all year round. Then hunting season arrives... And not a single animal anywhere ! I don't see another living thing until the season is over. I have asked all over the internet I have asked co workers and friends that hunt. Usually I just get..." idk. You just go out and do it" Most of the folks I know get their game within the first few hours of open season and they cant explain how its done. It all seems like some big mystery and its just bah #}*+# anyway. It's giving me some sort of complex lol

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Could somebody teach me how to hunt ?

Maybe it'd be easier to take someone out with you to observe your hunting methods/techniques

where about are u located
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

What he said,
    Where are you located? Age? Vehicle? Fitness? Favorite beer?
    Eat your dessert first.

where you live?

LoL Peace region about four hours North of PG, 34, toyota, fitness somewhat and anything harder than beer?
    Hunting technique... I ride ATV out into the woods then walk then sit then go home. Last year I tried all sorts of scent control stuff and I think that made it worse. I get up with the sun on opening day and all I find are the gut piles left from hunters that got there moments before me lol

Do you get out of your vehicle and walk - spot & stalk ? What are your methods ? RJ

Perhaps you are moving too quickly. Sounds like the animals are seeing you first. Get into a good area and take 10 steps, stop for 1 minute and look and listen all around you. Then take 10 more steps and stop again. You'd be surprised how many times a deer will come towards you if you are moving slowly and the wind is right. Failing that, make sure you are not emitting some overpowering odour and they are smelling you from a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Do you get out of your vehicle and walk - spot & stalk ? What are your methods ? RJ
    I do get out and walk but I never spot anything too stalk. My thoughts are perhaps I make too much noise or I don't walk far enough or I just don't know where to look. I think its the last one. Till I started hunting I was all city. Im not really sure how to locate animals lol. This year I'm working on calls. I can make a half decent moose call just not sure how to use it lol. Also thinking I might just spend the season in the woods camping till I find something.

Quote Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
    where about are u located
    I should be more specific I have a place in Tumbler ridge and Dawson creek.