Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf hunting for dummies

Wolf hunting for dummies

I'll be up in 100 mile house bear hunting in may and thought I'd spend a few days in 3-39 after to see if i can help out with the wolf population. Never hunter wolves though so any advice would be much appreciated. Figured I'll spend the afternoons to early evenings waking any game trails with tracks unless you guys have better ideas. Which you probably do . Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolf hunting for dummies

Probably the most difficult animal to hunt....Check out Proguide66's posts. I've only seen a wolf once....

...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Great site noahdawg! Just what I needed, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewscag View Post
    Great site noahdawg! Just what I needed, thanks!
    x2. Much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

find a kill and sit a few hundred yards from it otherwise good luck
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

^. Yeah I just may do that. Probably worth getting a fawn distress call too. We'll see how things go. Counting my eggs before they hatch a bit. Have to get a bear for the freezer before I look for wolves. I'll give wolves an honest shot, but expect to do more learning than anything. Luckily I like to walk

fawn distress may work get a wolf howler too no point in calling with a fawn distress if they arent there
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

www.wolftracker.ca

Like the site, tried to register twice (different usernames and emails each time) - both times it sent me passwords but wouldn't let me sign in! If anyone related to the site sees this and can give me a hand I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    www.wolftracker.ca

Like the site, tried to register twice (different usernames and emails each time) - both times it sent me passwords but wouldn't let me sign in! If anyone related to the site sees this and can give me a hand I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi Rob, I'll go approve you right now. There's a "screening" procedure we go through, it's on the main page.
    You pass.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...