Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 year old smokes bull elk at 1376 yards

12 year old smokes bull elk at 1376 yards

Wow long shot good shooting. I know lots of guys who cant hit a barn door at 50 lol. I dont think I would ever try that shot on a live animal but hey he did & made a good shot.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 12 year old smokes bull elk at 1376 yards

Oh boy....getting the popcorn.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Ha,ha that rack is heavier than the kid.
    I wish we had a 1000 m range in LM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Good shot, but I question the ethics of this. As the guy said at 3:35, the first shot was just below the animal's belly. That could just as easily have been a wounded animal heading into the trees that they would possibly never have found. I'd be more interested in seeing how I could teach the kid to make use of the lay of the land, cover, and wind in order to get close enough to make as ethical a shot as possible.

Cheers!

A-S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKTOUkroU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQE9N0OCnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozBVguR5lrA&feature=fvst

Quote Originally Posted by anglo-saxon View Post
    Good shot, but I question the ethics of this. As the guy said at 3:35, the first shot was just below the animal's belly. That could just as easily have been a wounded animal heading into the trees that they would possibly never have found. I'd be more interested in seeing how I could teach the kid to make use of the lay of the land, cover, and wind in order to get close enough to make as ethical a shot as possible.
    Agreed & I think most of us would do just that, get closer. I would never take that shot on a healthy animal,to many things that could go wrong.
    Non the less the youngster made a good shot.
    Just go's to show what practice can do for you're shooting!

What the hell calibre of gun could a 12 year old shoot that would have sufficient energy to drop a bull elk a 8/10ths of a mile. As far as I am concerned that was a totally unethical shot. That being said, the kid is one hell of a shooter. Most of us wouldn't even have seen that elk, let alone being able to put a bullet any where near it.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swamper View Post
    What the hell calibre of gun could a 12 year old shoot that would have sufficient energy to drop a bull elk a 8/10ths of a mile. As far as I am concerned that was a totally unethical shot. That being said, the kid is one hell of a shooter. Most of us wouldn't even have seen that elk, let alone being able to put a bullet any where near it.
    7mm Rem & its 1258 m so over a Km away. Most guys cant hit a target ay 250m.

Is the goal of this show to see how unethical of a shot it "can" make after it slings a few bullets at an animal?

Is it to see if its possible to kill an animal at 2000 meters? Because I gaurantee it's possible.

This clip really disgusted me. "Well, we saw how far we were off on the first shot, made the correction and connected."

Ethics should say to all of us hunters out there, if you don't know you can make a shot, on your first shot, you should not be shooting that far. Sure myself with my bow, I consistently shoot 100 yards, but under field conditions, that is a totally different shot. And not one I am sure I will make first time I loose an arrow.

If the guy is trying to sell his long range stuff and was serious a out how good it is, he should take an apple, stick it on his own head, and have that kid shoot it off at 1376 yards. "Well we're gonna have to make a correction for that one! I got hit in the stomach, and I'm really squirming. Hold still damnit! Or I'm gonna drop the apple!"

Hey, that would show me just how confident he is in his rifle he's selling. Target practice that far on a live animal is the farthest thing from ethical.

I'm so mad right now I think we should put together a list of companies who support this shit that we can boycott! That is an absolute disgrace!
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

And please stop saying the youngster made a good shot. He missed, risked wounding the animal, taking a bull from your wildlife, while he continues to sling lead at other animals. Not to mention they are teaching a kid and viewers that this is an ethical shot to take.
    Last edited by BiG Boar; 04-15-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

1899 Guest

It's all about business and money.